Kind of quiet in here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't found any milsurps I just have to have so it slowed down for me.
lots of options out there. unfortunately,they are all overpriced until we get a new batch in. consumer priced milsurps may long be gone. thats another thread...

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've whittled down my collection to the milsurps I really want to keep. Now if I can just close the deal with the dilatory owner of a Luxembourg FN-49...

I'll try and remember to post pics of a new-to-me Swiss K-31 once I get it set up with a scope.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lots of options out there. unfortunately,they are all overpriced until we get a new batch in. consumer priced milsurps may long be gone. thats another thread...

Yup that's my stance, I cannot justify spending $300 on a mosin and the only mosin I want right now is a m44 or t53. The other part of milsups is the ammo have really gotten out of control, why would I spend $25 for 20 rounds when I can get the same in 223/556 for $7.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup that's my stance, I cannot justify spending $300 on a mosin and the only mosin I want right now is a m44 or t53. The other part of milsups is the ammo have really gotten out of control, why would I spend $25 for 20 rounds when I can get the same in 223/556 for $7.

Hurry, Allan's Armory just posted some shooter-grade Chinese T53's:

http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=48

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the price more than doubled on most milsurps, I sold every one of them except for the ones I really wanted to keep in my collection. I haven't been to a gunshow in years that had a good selection of milsurps if there were any at all.
When the firearms themselves and the ammo to feed them reached the price level of modern day rifles/pistols I lost interest.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've also been hit with the downsizing bug so there hasn't been much for me to post as of late. I've added a couple black rifles including an A2 HBAR and something that's been on my wish list for a long while. It's close enough to a military service rifle that I'll post it here.

Arsenal SLR 104-FR

i.imgur.com_Ud1iKTgh.jpg

I was fortunate enough to receive some 7n6 in trade along with some new Russian Izhmash mags today. This is a huge upgrade over my previous AK platform rifle which was a WASR 10/63.

Latest posts

Top Bottom