Knife Made From Meteorite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice video but his knives are a lot of hype. i don't mean they wont cut or look nice but look up the prices he charges.

Google Randy Haas for a lot better deal and just as nice material.

His shop with the hammers are outstanding. Wish I had the air hammer but won't ever happen.

Botman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damascus steel looks awesome. I've got several old railroad spikes I've been wanting to make into knives. That air hammer would be awesome to have around. Thanks for sharing video.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice video but his knives are a lot of hype. i don't mean they wont cut or look nice but look up the prices he charges.

Google Randy Haas for a lot better deal and just as nice material.

His shop with the hammers are outstanding. Wish I had the air hammer but won't ever happen.

Mike, I've seen pictures of your knives and you do nice work.
I would like to see you have a shop like that too.

This guy specializes in chefs knives.
I'm guessing it's a niche that commands a premium price.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that yesterday and looked up his site. He has a waiting list and it's done by both random AND chronological lottery. It takes several years to even be able to pay him the $6k for one of his knives unless you get lucky in the random. He auctions them too. I think I read he can have over 100 hours in a knife so that's where the $$$$ comes in. I do believe Hobbes may well be right in that he's found a tiny niche to sell to. 5 star restaurant chefs aren't just everywhere. I fully understand the craftsmanship and even some of the "art" of the metallurgy, I guess if one has the money to blow and a position that justifies the expenditure I could see it, but there is no way in hell I'd pay that or jump through those hoops to get one.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that yesterday and looked up his site. He has a waiting list and it's done by both random AND chronological lottery. It takes several years to even be able to pay him the $6k for one of his knives unless you get lucky in the random. He auctions them too. I think I read he can have over 100 hours in a knife so that's where the $$$$ comes in. I do believe Hobbes may well be right in that he's found a tiny niche to sell to. 5 star restaurant chefs aren't just everywhere. I fully understand the craftsmanship and even some of the "art" of the metallurgy, I guess if one has the money to blow and a position that justifies the expenditure I could see it, but there is no way in hell I'd pay that or jump through those hoops to get one.
If I remember right one went on Ebay and reached the $10,000 mark. That was why I was replying the way I did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom