Krebs Custom AK’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s finally come the time that I’m going to get myself a solid AK platform. I want to keep it under $2000. I’ve always loved the Krebs Custom shop guns, back in the day they were made on VEPR platforms. I’ve also always wanted a VEPR. I reached out to Krebs, and they informed me that they no longer use VEPRs after they were banned for import, and now use Polish parts. Has anyone used these newer Krebs? I would love some insight. With the obscenely high price and scarcity of the VEPR 762x39 rifles, is there another Brand rifle that would be comparable? I want to eventually SBR and suppress it.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy Chit that’s a lot of moolah for an AK rifle. Sounds cool, but it’s yo money. Live and be well!

do you have any more affordable suggestions? I just want something solid, reasonably accurate, and without all the QC issues you see with a lot of AK platforms.

I had an older VEPR Krebs several years ago and sold it for a bunch. Probably shoulda kept it....

yeahhhh, don’t look on gunbroker.... I’m not seeing any for less that $4k. If I knew that I would have bought 2 back when I couldn’t afford them. Hell, I would have bought a case or two of moisins back when they were selling them for $89 a piece too.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy a WASR, PAP m92 (or M85 if you want .223). PSA's offerings are quite good and more budget friendly than Aresenal, RD or Krebs.

If you want Gucci, get a Rifle Dynamics.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy a WASR, PAP m92 (or M85 if you want .223). PSA's offerings are quite good and more budget friendly than Aresenal, RD or Krebs.

If you want Gucci, get a Rifle Dynamics.

I wouldn’t mind picking us a PSAK, but I’m not holding my breath on them coming back in stock and me being able to get a hold of one. Those rifle dynamics are sweeeeet. That might be what I end up going after. If I can stomach a 6+ month wait time. Guess it would give me time to get started on my SBR and Suppressor stamps.

I see kalashnikov USA is about to be releasing an AK made in the US. Anyone heard anything about their newer USA made stuff?

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
upload_2020-7-3_9-33-27.png

There's a few in stock right meow. And I believe I saw a braced krink pop up yesterday if you want a shorty.

The funny thing about US-made AKs is that there isn't a direct comparison from price/performance or reliability. The domestic market has to charge more because we don't have the decades of tooling and 70 year old babushkas making them for cheap. That's why literally all of Century's in house offerings are absolute dog **** and it took PSA 3 generations to get similar quality to an imported WASR and other builders have gone under.

The biggest tips are stay away from anything I.O or Century built (they import WASRs and you should buy them all). No VSKAs, no C39V2s

Come join us on the ComBloc darkside. It's lovely.

I8YdLcvl.jpg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 167180

There's a few in stock right meow. And I believe I saw a braced krink pop up yesterday if you want a shorty.

The funny thing about US-made AKs is that there isn't a direct comparison from price/performance or reliability. The domestic market has to charge more because we don't have the decades of tooling and 70 year old babushkas making them for cheap. That's why literally all of Century's in house offerings are absolute dog **** and it took PSA 3 generations to get similar quality to an imported WASR and other builders have gone under.

The biggest tips are stay away from anything I.O or Century built (they import WASRs and you should buy them all). No VSKAs, no C39V2s

Come join us on the ComBloc darkside. It's lovely.

I8YdLcvl.jpg

dang, there’s two left, no krinks. I’ll have to keep a close eye, I always forget that they restock regularly. I’ve always gravitated towards the AR platform. It’s easy, and I have a lot of experience with them thanks to previous employment. But after 2 lowers and 3 uppers, you tend to get bored. I love the AK, always have, and the round is perfect for what I want. I’ll be heading over to the dark side soon enough. I figure I should hurry, before I catch this enticing new long range disease.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dang, there’s two left, no krinks. I’ll have to keep a close eye, I always forget that they restock regularly. I’ve always gravitated towards the AR platform. It’s easy, and I have a lot of experience with them thanks to previous employment. But after 2 lowers and 3 uppers, you tend to get bored. I love the AK, always have, and the round is perfect for what I want. I’ll be heading over to the dark side soon enough. I figure I should hurry, before I catch this enticing new long range disease.

AR's

ETINGaZl.jpg

and Precision Rifles?

K7GDna2l.jpg

They demand a blood sacrifice from wallet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom