Kyler Murray named finalist for Heisman Trophy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL! I understand @emapples
I am always worried about the "Heisman Curse". I would rather them win a National Championship and I am sure he would as well.
I guess we will see this Saturday.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be shocked. The SEC bias is strong, but it's obvious that you take Kyler out of the offense and we are a 3 maybe four loss team. Take Tau out of Bama.... and obviously they are fine, given the SEC Championship game.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This from an old Cowpoke - Murray should be a hands down winner.
I'm not betting on it. He deserves it particularly when Bama backup comes into the game and wins it. I might be able to lead them to a win, but the sportswriters are already pushing him down.
Don't forget that a bunch (I've heard half) had been already sent in before the championship games.
Murray earned it but that don't mean crap when you have these vultures voting.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be shocked. The SEC bias is strong, but it's obvious that you take Kyler out of the offense and we are a 3 maybe four loss team. Take Tau out of Bama.... and obviously they are fine, given the SEC Championship game.
I guess my take on it is that if one guy can take a four loss team to the National Championship on his shoulders, he probably deserves a good shot at winning the Heisman.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will be close between him and Tua. Tua was injured on the first drive of the SEC championship game was wasn’t himself. Murray does have bigger numbers but he has also played about two more football games than Tua. As an Alabama fan you can’t imagine how crazy it would be to have a Heisman winning QB. Either way, I think Jalen is the better QB to play in the Orange Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not betting on it. He deserves it particularly when Bama backup comes into the game and wins it. I might be able to lead them to a win, but the sportswriters are already pushing him down.
Don't forget that a bunch (I've heard half) had been already sent in before the championship games.
Murray earned it but that don't mean crap when you have these vultures voting.

Actually less than 10% of votes were cast prior to championship weekend which is low and helps Murray considering Tua was injured. Will they penalize him for that? I don’t know but I sure hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom