KyTac Braveheart IWB holster review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Background: I told my Dad yesterday “The holster search is over”. As some of you may know, I have not been able to find “The One” holster for my Glock 26. I have come pretty close, but there was always one small thing that kept it from being “the One”. We all have a box full of holsters that we accumulate over the years searching for that one holster that is perfect for our particular style of carry, body type and weapon of choice. The perfect holster for a 1911 might not work for a Glock. And a holster that works for you might not work for me. Well, my holster search ended this weekend with a Kytac Braveheart. I have been talking to David about what I needed and he suggested trying his Braveheart model. I took his advice since he is the holster master and it was good advice.

First Glance: The holster doesn't look like a typical holster when you first pull it out of the bag. It has a stabilizer “wing” extending off the rear of the main body to stabilize the holster once it is attached to the belt. The kydex is slightly thicker than the Kytac “Burk” holster that has swept the nation (OK, well maybe OKC) I will explain why later.

Holster Quality: As with all Kytac gear, the workmanship is top notch. Quality kydex, smoothed and rounded edges and designed to work without a bunch of extra fluff you don’t need. I call them minimalist. The loop off the main body is formed from the same piece of kydex so there are no extra screws or thickness. It is simply folded over from the body. For this reason it is made from a slightly thicker material than the Kytac “Burk” holster I reviewed for my J-frame. The same material is used for the stabilizer wing and the rear clip is also folded overfrom a single piece of kydex. A small piece of leather connects the main bodyand the stabilizer thus allowing the entire holster it to conform to your body.

Firearm Fit: One word, perfect! As we have come to know, kydex offers superior fit and firearm retention. David doesn't like to put a trigger guard “pinch” but I asked him to and he did so. It gives the gun a distinctive click when fully seated insidethe holster. It’s a personal choice but that’s the way I like them.

Overall Impression: David handed me the holster at the last match and I slipped it in my waistband and I knew the holster was what I had been looking for. My history with G26 holsters has been tumultuous at best. Most holsters carried it too high; somehad too much cant for a smaller gun, some just sucked. One of them even fell out of my waistband and bounced across the sidewalk. The Braveheart carries the gun at about a 10-15 degree cant and it rides as low as it can and still allows a full combat grip. It also pulls the gun in very snug against my side. Everyone’s body type is slightly different but most Baby Glock holsters don’tdo this.

Overall Rating: 5 +P hollowpoint rating (out of 5)

Now for some pictures:

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P4190061.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P4190063.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P4190055.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P4190066.jpg

Last edited:

smokeyokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Burk, very nice review. I have been a fan of David E's Kytac equipement for a very long time. The only thing I did different is I bought a Braveheart for a G22 because the extra lenght fit me better. I can carry a G22, G23, and G27 all in the same holster w/o any issues.

shooter226

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I tried on the first Braveheart that David made and its still the best IWB holster out there at any price. I prefer a OWB holster and carry my G-22 in a KYTAC all the time. He also makes a good pocket holster that I have used with a Kahr MP-40. I cant say enough for the quality that he puts into his holsters, but then he carries one everyday too.
Mark

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great looking gear! Very similar to the CCC Looper except for the addition of the rear support. (the hook vs the loop makes this easier to take on and off as well) Looking forward to the 6 month report!

Latest posts

Top Bottom