Lady Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
CC purse, fanny pack, belt holster, compression holster, flash bang, something custom? I am interested in what works for women for a compact/subcompact gun. I love a compression holster but it is hot in the summer. I don't think anything works that great in the summer. I am not a fanatic about women's issues but for the love of all that is holy, why can't we have decent sized pockets?

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are some websites that deal with women and forearms written by women. The well armed woman and the cornered cat to name two. If you look there you may find answers to your dilemmas , my wife did when she started to carry. As she always wear jeans a t=shirt and an open flannel shirt, she settled on carrying a Sig 938 carried IWB appendix carry. Hope this helps.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has the Sig 938 as well, and won't be seen without her purse, so her routine is to carry it with the strap cross body, and keep her hand on the pistol while walking through parking lots, etc.
Her vehicle will unlock without having to fumble for a key fob, so getting in is pretty quick.

hdbrownie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a real barrier to entry for women, especially those of us with little kids around. There's no way I would carry in a purse! It's so important to find a holster you can actually wear!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a real barrier to entry for women, especially those of us with little kids around. There's no way I would carry in a purse! It's so important to find a holster you can actually wear!

I can't disagree. We don't have little kids around, so her method of carry is the only way I can get her to carry.

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a smallish 9mm. At this point, I'm either hauling my Stoeger Cougar or Ruger SR22 around in my Strap across message bag. The Cougar is too heavy and the Ruger is too small a caliber. I am not a big conceal carry purse fan for folks around kids, and wouldn't use my message bag unless it is actually strapped to me (exceptions made to drive, while sitting in a restaurant or someplace nonpublic where it is sitting at my feet). I have a compression holster that will hold either of them and I really like it because you can't see the gun if I wear a long shirt or jacket. It is fine to walk around in if it isn't too hot outside but is a pain if you want to sit, drive, etc. It is also pretty tight and after awhile, it will start digging into your skin.

Reaction score

I'm curious as to what you carry and what sort of holster. I'm actually finding this is a bigger problem as a female than selecting the gun. Selecting a gun is just preference but carrying is a real trick. Having no pockets large enough to carry much more than a small pocket knife, short thighs, a smaller torso and less area around the waist to support a stable holster is a bigger deal than girlie hands.

hdbrownie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I have never actually carried in public! I am waiting on my license to come in.

However, as soon as I decided to start carrying, I realized it's pretty complicated to actually do unless you want to use a purse (which is a fine option for others if that's what they prefer). So, I ended up doing a bunch of research and picked a holster (for my S&W Shield 9mm) but I was annoyed that I couldn't try it on first. Then, I realized most of the SDA license holders I know don't carry because it's a hassle to figure out a good system. This disturbed me and so I'm starting to so some holster "consulting" I guess you would say. I'm now a vendor for CanCan Concealment. The only thing they can't get me is ankle holsters so I am looking into that now.

Long story short, I feel confident in Can Can as the best option right now but I haven't worn it out and about yet. I am ready to try it, though!! I do agree that adding a layer of anything sucks in the summer time...

Latest posts

Top Bottom