Lady Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I have never actually carried in public! I am waiting on my license to come in.

However, as soon as I decided to start carrying, I realized it's pretty complicated to actually do unless you want to use a purse (which is a fine option for others if that's what they prefer). So, I ended up doing a bunch of research and picked a holster (for my S&W Shield 9mm) but I was annoyed that I couldn't try it on first. Then, I realized most of the SDA license holders I know don't carry because it's a hassle to figure out a good system. This disturbed me and so I'm starting to so some holster "consulting" I guess you would say. I'm now a vendor for CanCan Concealment. The only thing they can't get me is ankle holsters so I am looking into that now.

Long story short, I feel confident in Can Can as the best option right now but I haven't worn it out and about yet. I am ready to try it, though!! I do agree that adding a layer of anything sucks in the summer time...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
My compression holster is the Can Can Concealment and I actually like it except when it is too hot or if I have to do a lot of sitting then standing. Of the things I've tried, that has worked the best. You can also put in magazines and your cell phone. Also, if you go to the ladies' room, you can just leave it alone and you're good. You might want to try it on with your gun around the house and wear it awhile to get a feel for how it works for you. In closing the clasps, start in the center and work out. Also, put it on over your shirt and after it is clasped, tug the shirt out to cover. :) You've probably figured all that out for yourself.

Maeve

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I have never actually carried in public! I am waiting on my license to come in.

However, as soon as I decided to start carrying, I realized it's pretty complicated to actually do unless you want to use a purse (which is a fine option for others if that's what they prefer). So, I ended up doing a bunch of research and picked a holster (for my S&W Shield 9mm) but I was annoyed that I couldn't try it on first. Then, I realized most of the SDA license holders I know don't carry because it's a hassle to figure out a good system. This disturbed me and so I'm starting to so some holster "consulting" I guess you would say. I'm now a vendor for CanCan Concealment. The only thing they can't get me is ankle holsters so I am looking into that now.

Long story short, I feel confident in Can Can as the best option right now but I haven't worn it out and about yet. I am ready to try it, though!! I do agree that adding a layer of anything sucks in the summer time...

I like the products on CanCan's website, but they don't seem quite as practical for women who are more *ahem* gifted. I really want to try something like the Shebang, but I don't think it would fit me very well with my body type. Any ideas?

hdbrownie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My compression holster is the Can Can Concealment and I actually like it except when it is too hot or if I have to do a lot of sitting then standing. Of the things I've tried, that has worked the best. You can also put in magazines and your cell phone. Also, if you go to the ladies' room, you can just leave it alone and you're good. You might want to try it on with your gun around the house and wear it awhile to get a feel for how it works for you. In closing the clasps, start in the center and work out. Also, put it on over your shirt and after it is clasped, tug the shirt out to cover. :) You've probably figured all that out for yourself.
Oh, thanks for all the tips!! I have worn it around the house but the other stuff is all news. I need all the help I can get. Word is spreading fast that I'm the holster lady. Lol I thought I'd have more time to get some experience before anyone wanted to hear from me but it seems like a lot of people just didn't know where to start and I've done a lot of the reading for them while I was waiting. But nothing beats doing it!

hdbrownie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the products on CanCan's website, but they don't seem quite as practical for women who are more *ahem* gifted. I really want to try something like the Shebang, but I don't think it would fit me very well with my body type. Any ideas?
Hey! The Shebang is for a larger gun, it doesn't refer to the style. That confused me at first but they have micro, classic and Big Shebang for different sized guns. Then the holster styles are garter, corset, sport band (belly band) and hip hugger. The hip hugger and sport band are very similar but the sport band has Velcro rather than hook and eye closure and is considered the unisex version.

When you said "gifted" did you mean in the chest area or...? Lol I'm not for sure what your exact issue is but large chests shouldn't have much impact on any of the Can Can stuff. If your hips and belly are bigger, they do have size extenders you can hook in to add length. Everyone's body shape is different so you'd want to measure but just for reference, I am a size 16 and I need a large in the hiphugger. But from there you can go up to xl and add an extender if needed. The sport belt goes up to 3x!

So I bet we could hook you up!

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Wife has her CCW, although she does carry on occasion, it is more because her outfit is suited for it.

She does carry in her car console 100%. I made here a holder that keeps the gun up and against the side so it is always in the same spot. It allows here to keep the gun in an fabric holster with a plastic clip. If she feels she needs to she can pull out the holster simply and tuck it for appendix carry, or put it in her purse. I have posted it before but here it is again.

I googled the Can-Can website. Neat stuff. I sent it to her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom