Larger than .45?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the institution of constitutional carry changed the limit on what you can carry concealed? I'm pretty sure it was limited to .45 caliber or smaller under the SDA. Just curious to see in case .500 mag or .50 GI is now allowed.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing any language that changed the upper caliber limit. Then again I don't think I would personally want to carry around a 500 full load for defense. Cleaning the bad guy off yourself after sending them and the three guys behind them to meet their maker doesn't sound like fun.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69789 is still on the books so you could go carry a 454 casull but that is about the most powerful thing you can carry.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems legit. Just wondering since the constitutional carry doesn’t limit calibers as far as I know. Open carry of a Deagle .50 would be ok, but cover it up and you could run afoul of the law.

Junk Yard Dog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the institution of constitutional carry changed the limit on what you can carry concealed? I'm pretty sure it was limited to .45 caliber or smaller under the SDA. Just curious to see in case .500 mag or .50 GI is now allowed.

.45 Upper limit. For Carry.

21 O.S. 1290.6 - Prohibited ammunition
Any concealed or unconcealed handgun when carried in a manner authorized by the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act and when loaded with any ammunition which is either a restricted bullet as defined by Section 1289.19 of this title or is larger than .45 caliber or is otherwise prohibited by law shall be deemed a prohibited weapon for purposes of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be punished for a criminal offense as provided by Section 1272 of this title or any other applicable provision of law. In addition to any criminal prosecution for a violation of the provisions of this section, the licensee shall be subject to an administrative fine of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), upon a hearing and determination by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that the person is in violation of the provisions of this section

My person opinion with this is you re-load your own, and you load them Hot you could be in a world of hot water. So if you carry and are involved in an incident and the firearm is collected as evidence they will thoroughly go through any rounds not fired just to make sure you were / are legal. Not worth stepping on your own d***.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom