LaserLyte Training system??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of the small targets and one of the in barrel lights. Not the cartridge.
It works great as a training tool inside the house, when you don't have time to go to the range.
They work well for draw and 1st shot training.
Doesn't work so well for follow up/second shot, because you have to rack the slide to be able to pull the trigger and cause the light to work.
Mine works well, haven't had any problems with it. had it for about 2 years now.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of the small targets and one of the in barrel lights. Not the cartridge.
It works great as a training tool inside the house, when you don't have time to go to the range.
They work well for draw and 1st shot training.
Doesn't work so well for follow up/second shot, because you have to rack the slide to be able to pull the trigger and cause the light to work.
Mine works well, haven't had any problems with it. had it for about 2 years now.

Thanks. Is the cartridge supposed to be better? One of the blue guns would be a nice addition for follow up shots but they look pretty pricey.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Is the cartridge supposed to be better? One of the blue guns would be a nice addition for follow up shots but they look pretty pricey.

The cartridge will make it easier to get the laser/light in correct alignment and make it less mobile. The light that is inserted into the muzzle end of the barrel like I have, gets bumped occasionally when practicing draw from holster. These bumps can cause movement. I got to try out one of the cartridges and this didn't happen.
They didn't have the blue guns when I got mine, but I would rather use the actual gun I shoot instead of the blue "practice" guns.

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have this one http://www.laserlyte.com/products/training-tyme-kit

The blue pistol is a little small IMO but has the advantage of the trigger auto resetting for follow up shots. You can take the laser out of the barrel and put it in your real firearm but as Piedmont3 stated, you have to rack the slide everytime. IF you shot a Glock and got a "real" Glock trainer that resets the trigger, I think it would be well worth it. As it is, it could be useful to gauge and practice your steady aiming capabilities while you watch TV but not much else. Want to buy a rarely used one? :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom