Last minute trip to McKinney tx, gun stores along the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking a last minute trip to McKinney tomorrow. Thinking of going and/or coming back via Shawnee, ada, Durant, Sherman etc. or any other way but i35. Can anyone point me to good pawn and gun shops along any non i35 way south. Good food for lunch wouldn’t hurt ;)

I think @Glock 'em down and @Les Carter live/know that direction. I recall some posts around some store/range in Durant. Think it was Barrett’s. Please post any suggestions. Same with any suggestions on places to avoid.

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're gonna be through Ada near lunch time, I suggest Folger's Hamburgers on Main Street. Best burger and fries anywhere!!

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're coming through Durant tomorrow, definitely stop by Main Street BBQ for lunch. There's also a gun shop about a mile or headed west out of town.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really not any good gun shops in Durant now, the ones west of town has a very limit number of guns they mostly order what you want from what i have been told i was only in Barretts once and all they had at the time was a couple of AR's and a very few handguns.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really not any good gun shops in Durant now, the ones west of town has a very limit number of guns they mostly order what you want from what i have been told i was only in Barretts once and all they had at the time was a couple of AR's and a very few handguns.
Good to know. I stopped by there a few months ago when I was in town for work. The guns in stock were slim, but the staff seemed very nice and it was a good looking store. The guy was telling me about all his issues trying to get more guns from his distributors, but I suppose all GS's are in that same situation. Did notice that the range prices were on the high side though. Still, it is a clean place, and worth stopping in to see if they have anything in stock, if you're in the area. They had some Dillon conversion kits in stock when I was there, and a S&W 460XVR I was drooling over.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time i was there was back in Sept of last year and the wife stopped in sometime in Dec and it was the same but since then they might have got stuff in but personally i wont go out of my way but if your just driving around i quess you could stop. And yes i feel the same way on their range prices and they have to have a range officer to go with you when you use it and their not always there so you can only use it at their convenience so i have never went.

Latest posts

Top Bottom