Last & Next Guns Shot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
remember the sights may need some tweaking, the gunsmith over in midwest city added those and they are taller, the old rear sight had suffered a huge gouge

I remember. I will probably wind up changing the sights completely. I just wanna feel the trigger with some self-defense ammo behind it. It's kinda my "thing". I know. It's weird. I can't explain it. But it's just how I am. I can dry fire a gun all day long but until I feel it in my hand with some ammo in the mag and a round in the chamber it just isn't the same.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...Took my Westernfield 22 to Wilshire yesterday to site in a new scope!! Need to try a couple different types of ammo for this rifle as it does not like the federal as well as my Stevens 87d...

Those old Gill-guns will eat almost anything. I have yet to find a brand they won't shoot. Heck, I have 1 Springfield 87A that just loves Thunderbolts and is more accurate than I am with them. Makes for cheap shooting..

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from shooting my 986. Could be wishful thinking, but it might be improving. One misfire (maybe two) out of 91 rounds fired. That was with WWB from WallyWorld. Federal seems to work a lot better in this gun, as there were zero misfires out of 210 rounds fired when I shot it the other day. I just picked up 400 rounds of Federal and another 1000 arrived the other day.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Went out last Sunday and shot my new P365, an old Star BM, a Benelli M2 and a friends tricked out Glock with RDS.

Next trip will include the P365 again for sure. Need to rack up the round count in it pretty quickly. No issue the first 100, but I'd like to get a couple or three hundred through for sure.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have three laid out and ready to go tomorrow morning.
Winchester 101
Winchester 94
Ruger 1911

B5654BC5-1B5F-4256-8FE0-3719E5197224.jpeg

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put 245 rounds downrange today with my 986. I used a combination of Remington and Federal cartridges, and there was not a single misfire. That is gratifying. A lid for oriental soup mix was completely obliterated. It was all DA, too. The 986 has made me a happy camper.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put 245 rounds downrange today with my 986. I used a combination of Remington and Federal cartridges, and there was not a single misfire. That is gratifying. A lid for oriental soup mix was completely obliterated. It was all DA, too. The 986 has made me a happy camper.
So far, nearly 600-700 rounds through it and it functions flawlessly so long as I don't use WWB in it. Almost forgot: I tried some old Fiocchi 115 FMJ that I had, and that was even worse than the WWB.

Latest posts

Top Bottom