Last & Next Guns Shot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As do I at times. I will bring it up to your place on the 29th, maybe we can scare it into shooting like a wheel gun. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As do I at times. I will bring it up to your place on the 29th, maybe we can scare it into shooting like a wheel gun. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I claim no great expertise. All I say is that I am a decent shot with the wheelgun, and they are what I'm best with. I'm thinking of one of my L-frames for the next gun I shoot. Yeah, that's the ticket.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from my range after giving my 686 a good workout. Hot as the devil but both me and the gun did pretty well.

Thinking about my CZ 527 in 223 for next time.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from my range after giving my 686 a good workout. Hot as the devil but both me and the gun did pretty well.

Thinking about my CZ 527 in 223 for next time.
Vassily Zaitsev, I am not. Did not do well with my 527.

Maybe the GSR in 223 next time out.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from my range where I shot my 629 Mountain Gun. I used 44 Specials as the recoil from Magnums is quite heavy. Except for one shot which went a bit wild when I was moving, I did well, killing the poor pizza box every time. And that one was a very near miss. Took a chunk out of the stake though.

Got to work more on shooting while moving.

Just got a Caldwell bipod from Academy Sports in Enid and I put it on my 527 in 223. We'll see if it makes things any better. Thinking about going back out today.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from my range where I shot my 629 Mountain Gun. I used 44 Specials as the recoil from Magnums is quite heavy. Except for one shot which went a bit wild when I was moving, I did well, killing the poor pizza box every time. And that one was a very near miss. Took a chunk out of the stake though.

Got to work more on shooting while moving.

Just got a Caldwell bipod from Academy Sports in Enid and I put it on my 527 in 223. We'll see if it makes things any better. Thinking about going back out today.
Did exactly that today with my 617 and I believe that I did pretty well. I put around 140 rounds down-range and ruined the day of the other half of the pizza box. I think it was a good day and I had loads of fun in spite of the heat.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Followed that 22 rimfore with a Walther PPK/s in 22. Mostly I was function-firing it as that pistol had given me a fair amount of trouble in the past. Took it to a gunsmith in Ark City Kansas, and he debured the slide and rails. After that, it seemed to function a bit better, but I'm still going to do some testing to see what ammo it likes best. So far, that is CCI.

Latest posts

Top Bottom