Latest Holster from UBG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent! And you're most welcome my friend. Please post some pics with the gun and let us know what you think of his holsters once you get 'em.

Here you go Joel...

Order submitted on 6/25, received on 8/18. Models shown below are the Regulator (photo 1) and Bonneville (photo 2), made for a 2 1/8" .357 mag J frame, black finish, with 1.5" belt loops. Only criticism is that the muzzle protrudes slightly on the Regulator. I knew that it would on Bonneville as that is the way it's designed. Other than that, both holsters are absolutely fantastic pieces for the money that Nate charges. The Regulator is far and away the most comfortable holster that I have ever worn (I cannot compare it to any of the more expensive custom holsters like Milt Sparks as this is my first made to order leather holster). The snap loop attachments make it my overwhelming favorite of the two even though it rides slightly lower.

Fyoc4Cjh.jpg

EyHSiyRh.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, those are nice! Especially with that J-frame you have in them. Thanks for sharing. I like that Regulator a lot, it looks like it would be comfortable as it can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here you go Joel...

Order submitted on 6/25, received on 8/18. Models shown below are the Regulator (photo 1) and Bonneville (photo 2), made for a 2 1/8" .357 mag J frame, black finish, with 1.5" belt loops. Only criticism is that the muzzle protrudes slightly on the Regulator. I knew that it would on Bonneville as that is the way it's designed. Other than that, both holsters are absolutely fantastic pieces for the money that Nate charges. The Regulator is far and away the most comfortable holster that I have ever worn (I cannot compare it to any of the more expensive custom holsters like Milt Sparks as this is my first made to order leather holster). The snap loop attachments make it my overwhelming favorite of the two even though it rides slightly lower.

Fyoc4Cjh.jpg

EyHSiyRh.jpg

Okay, Lucas, can you tell why the Regulator seems to be more comfortable than the Bonneville? I mean, the Reg is basically a pancake holster with snap loops rather than belt slots. Right?

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, Lucas, can you tell why the Regulator seems to be more comfortable than the Bonneville? I mean, the Reg is basically a pancake holster with snap loops rather than belt slots. Right?

The ride height is lower on the Regulator so none of the cylinder rides above the beltline like it does on the Bonneville. With the Bonneville, the top of the cylinder seems to find some uncomfortable areas to poke if it's not worn at 4:00 or 5:00. It also rides so high that the grip tends to lean away from the body and print a little more easily. The wings on the Regulator really help stabilize the holster to the point that you do not notice the additional weight on your belt. The grip is also pulled in incredibly close to the body so there is little chance of printing.

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, thank you sir. That makes perfect sense to me. Appreciate the response.

It’s now been 4 weeks since I placed my last order with UBG. I have a “Canute” IWB on the way for my Walther PPS M 2. I think that will be a fine holster for this pistol. His web site says 4-6 weeks right now so it won’t be long. I decided on the UBG Canute for this gun over the TT Gunleather KX Lightweight IWB that I use for my G43, because the PPS is 4 or 5 ounces heavier than the 43 and I think I’d rather have the Canute’s loops instead of the kydex clips on the KX model. Honestly, considering the quality of the work coming off the bench lately from Nate, I don’t see that much difference between UBG’s products and anyone else anyway. He has become a well known and well respected holster maker. Now don’t get me wrong, I may ante up and spring for a purty TT or Sparks rig for the PPS too, but I’ll probably get an OWB holster from one of them for it.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s now been 4 weeks since I placed my last order with UBG. I have a “Canute” IWB on the way for my Walther PPS M 2. I think that will be a fine holster for this pistol. His web site says 4-6 weeks right now so it won’t be long. I decided on the UBG Canute for this gun over the TT Gunleather KX Lightweight IWB that I use for my G43, because the PPS is 4 or 5 ounces heavier than the 43 and I think I’d rather have the Canute’s loops instead of the kydex clips on the KX model. Honestly, considering the quality of the work coming off the bench lately from Nate, I don’t see that much difference between UBG’s products and anyone else anyway. He has become a well known and well respected holster maker. Now don’t get me wrong, I may ante up and spring for a purty TT or Sparks rig for the PPS too, but I’ll probably get an OWB holster from one of them for it.

Eh. I don't have the eye for identifying the markings of a high-end leather holster. My UBG holster works, feels fine and costs just about what I'm willing to pay for one (forum bonus discount :rubhands:) . Guess I'd have to physically examine each to get a feel for it since photos can only tell so much, but I'm not sure I'd be convinced the extra attention to detail different makers like TT has would be worth any added cost. Then again, maybe I might be since I'm talking from literally zero experience with the more premium products.

Still waiting for Nate to make and deliver my p365 holster. Excited for it to arrive.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I decided to just to order another RTBA Pancake Holster instead. I already have 2 RTBA, 1 for my G19 and 1 for my G29. I like them, they work, so why screw with it? I hope to see it in another 4-6 weeks. The RTBA is just your basic pancake holster with a forward cant. It has a medium ride height, which I prefer over a high ride holster too. To me, a high ride tends to let the butt of the pistol poke out a bit. You really have to have a sturdy gun belt with a high ride holster, more importantly than with say a mid ride or low ride holster. Some people prefer the high ride though, so you have to decide what’s best for you.

A pancake rig is molded both front and back, whereas some variations, called off-set molded pancake styles, mold on the front only and the back is flat, supposedly for comfort. I personally like the standard pancake style as I think it pulls tighter to the body. As far as OWB goes, nothing conceals as well as a classic pancake holster with the belt slots set out a bit to allow the belt to pull it in. I had thought about getting the Regulator, but I don’t need to remove the holster a bunch of times during the day so I just decided to stick with the basics, which is what the RTBA Holster is. Here’s pics of the RTBA with my G19 and G29. The one I have on order for my PPS M2 is going to be mahogany like the one for my G29.
abf54d95c10e918eda639d5d072cb912.jpg
c227152cfe5212e979f730e9494e6139.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom