Latest in the Jerome Jay Ersland saga.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
again to convict murder1 NO doubt should remain... undisturbed blood under downed thug's head proved he never moved again after hitting floor. this points to him being killed instantly.

the undisturbed blood evidence trumps any claims by Ersland downed thug was moving and still a threat. now Ersland may have thought that in his head... but NO way did thug move again.

but because NO one can prove time of death to that fine a degree.... doubt will always exist if thug was dead or alive at time of five shots. what Ersland says cannot change forensic evidence. it would be reasonable for regular folks not to know it's impossible to prove time of death within 30 seconds.... that would not apply the the medical examiner. there is NO way she would not have know this.... IMHO it's criminal to know this and still state he was categorically alive at time of five shots.

sorry but the doubt belongs to Ersland... and it's not going away

IF (and that's a big IF) Parker was dead when the 5 shots were fired then no Ersland is not guilty of murder.

But ... in light of the fact that the ME cannot conclusively prove whether Parker was dead or alive, Ersland's statements to the contrary (as an eye witness) lend credence to the ME's conclusion that Parker was alive. Ersland's own statements are what does away with any reasonable doubt.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
again to convict murder1 NO doubt should remain... undisturbed blood under downed thug's head proved he never moved again after hitting floor. this points to him being killed instantly.

the undisturbed blood evidence trumps any claims by Ersland downed thug was moving and still a threat. now Ersland may have thought that in his head... but NO way did thug move again.

but because NO one can prove time of death to that fine a degree.... doubt will always exist if thug was dead or alive at time of five shots. what Ersland says cannot change forensic evidence. it would be reasonable for regular folks not to know it's impossible to prove time of death within 30 seconds.... that would not apply the the medical examiner. there is NO way she would not have know this.... IMHO it's criminal to know this and still state he was categorically alive at time of five shots.

you keep repeating the same thing over and over ,yet a jury of 12 say your wrong. keep shouting from the roof tops ,wont change a thing.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mandatory military service or national service (for those who are not inclined to the military) would be a great idea. Two years for everyone.

We'd probably have a better soceity.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No, it does NOT point conclusively to Parker being dead. Undisturbed blood, at best, would lead one to believe that he was unconscious, and therefore not a threat ... but since the time of death can be neither categorically proved or disproved, Ersland's defense that Parker was still a threat swayed the jury (and me).

I do see what you are saying though.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mandatory military service or national service (for those who are not inclined to the military) would be a great idea. Two years for everyone.

We'd probably have a better soceity.

If it happens, I'm joining back up to be a Drill Instructor. Oh the fun I could have.... :rubhands:

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think the problem is that the defense took a different position in the case. They took the position that BG was still alive therefore still a threat. I dont think they ever claimed BG DRT and then the extra shots were fight or flight or nerves or whatever you want to call it.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sorry if that's what came across... NO one can say conclusively downed thug was dead or alive.
the undisturbed blood under his head only proved thug didn't move again after hitting the floor.

my bet is that the jury never heard testimony that it's impossible to determine time of death to units fine as 30 seconds. they only heard testimony from ME that he was still alive at time of five shots. normal folks picked for juries would not know it's impossible to nail down time of death within 30 seconds. but the Medical examiner certainly does.

since NO one can state conclusively if thug with alive or dead at time of five shots.... the benefit of doubt belongs to Ersland.

No, it does NOT point conclusively to Parker being dead. Undisturbed blood, at best, would lead one to believe that he was unconscious, and therefore not a threat ... but since the time of death can be neither categorically proved or disproved, Ersland's defense that Parker was still a threat swayed the jury (and me).

I do see what you are saying though.

a jury convicted Ersland based on the testimony they heard... what do you think the odds of they heard testimony it's impossible to nail down time of death within 30 seconds, thereby invalidating ME's testimony that he was alive.

the fact is NO one knows if thug was alive or dead at time of five shots. evidently the jury never heard this or they would have never convicted with doubts remaining.

you keep repeating the same thing over and over ,yet a jury of 12 say your wrong. keep shouting from the roof tops ,wont change a thing.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ersland was the eyewitness.
that witness is a proven liar and scumbag... it still doesn't change the fact that evidence was presented that downed thug never moved again after hitting the floor.

that points to thug being instantly killed by first shot. but because it's impossible to nail down time of death within 30 seconds. NO one including the medical examiner and DA knows with 100% certainty downed thug was dead or alive at time of five shots.

without question reasonable doubt still exists.... it's my understanding murder1 requires that NO reasonable doubt remain.... sorry but scumbag or not, that doubt belongs to Ersland.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Box would have been better off having Ersland take the stand and declare the jury to be very sparkly and continue to ask for his baseball.

----------------

Box: Admiral Ersland, did you in fact murder Antwun "Speedy" (or as it turns out, not so speedy) Parker?

Ersland: I like pizza.

Box: Commodore Ersland, are you alone responsible for global warming?

Ersland: I'm an excellent driver.

Box: Starfleet Commander Ersland, how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Ersland: Ten minutes to Wapner (followed by holding his knees to his chest and rocking back and forth).​

had to bump this jewel right here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom