Latest in the Jerome Jay Ersland saga.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sorry if that's what came across... NO one can say conclusively downed thug was dead or alive.
the undisturbed blood under his head only proved thug didn't move again after hitting the floor.

my bet is that the jury never heard testimony that it's impossible to determine time of death to units fine as 30 seconds. they only heard testimony from ME that he was still alive at time of five shots. normal folks picked for juries would not know it's impossible to nail down time of death within 30 seconds. but the Medical examiner certainly does.

since NO one can state conclusively if thug with alive or dead at time of five shots.... the benefit of doubt belongs to Ersland.

a jury convicted Ersland based on the testimony they heard... what do you think the odds of they heard testimony it's impossible to nail down time of death within 30 seconds, thereby invalidating ME's testimony that he was alive.

the fact is NO one knows if thug was alive or dead at time of five shots. evidently the jury never heard this or they would have never convicted with doubts remaining.

guess you should've represented him ,then you could have made the jury understand what his obviously incompetent attornies couldn't. when you contend that person was still a threat and thats why you shot him some more ,then would it make sense to claim he was already dead too.his actions were indefensible thats why he lost

p.s. i in no way endorse sooner state pawn

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saddlebum beat me to it but he is right. Ersland can't have it both ways. He picked the defense he wanted to go with (Parker was alive and a threat) and he lost. Too bad really. If he had just told the truth in the first place and said "Well, yeah, the thug was down and not moving. He looked dead to me, but I just couldn't help myself" he would be looking at desecrating a dead body.

As it is he left the scene, came back, took a good look and then retrieved another gun and pumped 5 extra bullets into a blinded, unconscious, non-moving thug whose heart was still pumping blood ... because he thought the kid was still alive. That's a big no-no.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
gotta agree... can't have it both ways... Ersland, what a dumbass!!!

Saddlebum beat me to it but he is right. Ersland can't have it both ways. He picked the defense he wanted to go with (Parker was alive and a threat) and he lost. Too bad really. If he had just told the truth in the first place and said "Well, yeah, the thug was down and not moving. He looked dead to me, but I just couldn't help myself" he would be looking at desecrating a dead body.

As it is he left the scene, came back, took a good look and then retrieved another gun and pumped 5 extra bullets into a blinded, unconscious, non-moving thug whose heart was still pumping blood ... because he thought the kid was still alive. That's a big no-no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom