• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Lead for fishing weights FOUND

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spider27monkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A month ago I took my truck in for a flat repair at a tire shop. When they were finished, I asked the guy what they did with the used wheel weights. He ended up giving me a five gallon bucket full. It's a mix of of zinc and lead and other trash, but with the help of a magnet I'll sort thru it in no time.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have probably 20-25 pounds of pure type lead I will sell to anyone who wants to make the trip for whatever the melt price is when you get here. You need the pure type stuff for pouring smaller things like crappie jig heads ect as it flows better. Have a roll of lead roofing flashing and a ingot that are pure and some other bank sinkers and other scrap.
\
Now this is the part of the post I write for you younger guys hoping to jog something loose in your noggin and why I will sell the lead so bear with me.

Medieval Kings used to have Alchemist's employed trying to turn lead in other metals into gold for obvious reasons. Of course it didn't work as they are different elements on the periodic table with different electron shells ect.

I have perfected the art of alchemy and can turn lead into gold. How You say? By selling you this lead. I have piles of aluminum, brass, copper and iron the same way. About twice a year I haul this junk in that I literally walk through life picking up stuff that other people throw away and haul it to scrap yards and sell it for whatever it brings I don't care. I sometimes spend about an hour or two of spare time cleaning this stuff up or stripping wire instead of watching television. I once had a horse trailer full of unstripped copper wire I saved.

I then go directly to the coin and pawn shops looking for deals on silver coins and bars they might have left a buck or two in and buy these. I may hold them a few years sometimes and when the Silver to gold ratio falls to around <40:1 or silver metal goes up I start selling these on online sites or numismatic dealers.

I then use this money and buy the very best mint state graded rare gold coins I can find,afford or like. I have now turned lead into gold, something even King's could never do. And, it cost me nothing but walking through this world picking up other peoples trash. I have only been doing this since 2001.

I am a member of National Coin Grading society NGC. I am number #55 out of 360 registered sets where you build out sets of mint condition coins in every date minted in just the gold $10 dollar Indian Eagles alone. I am number 29 on PCGS website. You can check the sites if you like. You will recognize my screen name.

I have 1.2 oz Mexican 50 Pesos, $20 St. Gaudens, 3$ Indian Princess coins, Viente Pesos and others too the same way. I could tell you how much some of these rare coins are now worth or what I actually paid but you might not believe it. They are in a safe deposit box. They cost absolutely NOTHING.

They are in a trust and given to my daughters when I am but a memory. I hope they are not dingbats and put them in the rarities auction houses instead of Fast Freddie's pawn shop but that will be on them.

So please stop on by, say hello, have a cup of coffee and buy my sinker lead. And if your young and have a place to store junk piles please think about what I just wrote. If you do this long enough you will have NO IDEA what this turns into. I don't want to hear how you don't have the money, I just told you how. And all your really do is walk through life and enjoy yourself.
@dennishoddy he might be helpful with info on the coin you found.

Latest posts

Top Bottom