Lee enfields

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, are you looking for a No.1 mkIII or a no.4 MKI???? A decent no.4 Will run you somewhere around $300 or so. There havent been any imports of them for a few years now, so the secondary market is your best bet. Such as gunbroker.com or simpsonltd.com

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done some but I haven't jumped feet first In yet. I saw the one moboost had for sale and I almost snatched it up but didn't.

Edit: I saw a pic of the crown and it looked like it was two overlapping circles (think vin diagram) is that normal?

How do these compare to my beloved mosins?

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bolt is smooth and easy to work compared to a mosin. I had an ishapore rework no.4 that was the nicest enfield I have ever owned. I sold it to some jerk in Florida.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my first Lee Enfield, a No4 Mk1 in 2006ish. Since then, I have sold all of my Mosins and now have a ton of Enfields and Mausers. You will probably do the same. The Enfields are serious rifles, suitable for any use. I would never even think of using a Mosin for hunting.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my No.4 here on the boards years ago and I love it. I'm sentimental about them though, my Dad gave me one for a deer rifle as a kid. That was first rifle bigger than a 22lr that I'd ever fired.

Latest posts

Top Bottom