Lee enfields

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw a lithgow at a pawnshop with a cheap plastic stock, missing it's rear sight and had the sporterized front sight, with a fair amount of tarnish on the bolt.$240 out the door am I wrong to walk on that deal?

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw a lithgow at a pawnshop with a cheap plastic stock, missing it's rear sight and had the sporterized front sight, with a fair amount of tarnish on the bolt.$240 out the door am I wrong to walk on that deal?

Definitely pass. Even if it was restoreable, you're looking at $300+ in replacement parts.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a sporterized no4 mk1 also but sporterized isn't what I really want, it was $350 I didn't ask how low they would go. It looked salvage able but needed be recrowned

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really have no knowledge of Enfields but the thread got me to thinking: in recent years (3 maybe) I've seen a disturbing trend where sellers think their bubba'd rifles are worth much more than they really are.

I've seen some various examples of milsurps that are restorable but priced right on the border of "not worth it". I consider purchasing them just so I can try to make them right but most of the time the completed cost outweighs the value.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see that too. Choping 6" off a barrel and adding a $50 scope and throwing away the rear sight does not make your mosin worth $500. If you want to bubba it like an sks keep all the factory suff for who ever buys it next.

Latest posts

Top Bottom