Lee universal recapping die.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys help me out here. I have a bunch of 5.56 NATO brass that has the crimped in primer. Does this die pop the crimp out with the primer or what? If it does its quicker than my Dillon super seated. And since I'm about to go progressive with 5.56 it would make things easier. Thanks in advance.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing the universal deprimer does is help from having to change a die out everytime you change caliber, i like it cause you can use it on unclean brass without the worry of scratching the die or brass since the die body is bigger than your case

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might ask @Neckbeard but I think the Lee App might be a quicker way to swage than using a dillon super swage. If you are looking for a quicker method.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've mostly used a reamer in a drill. If you have soft hands it might not be the method for you unless you can use some sort of gloves

Last edited:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as the primer pocket i have done the reamer both by hand and with a drill it was hell to my arthritic hands,, tried two different swagging kits first was the CH4D it was a no go due to pulling the ream off the cases second was the RCBS kits and it worked good with very little problems but i wanted more so i got the lyman prep center and it works great and can do more with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom