Legality Of Blackjacks, Saps And Batons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X-Ringer

Marksman
Reaction score
I just recently acquired my "Oklahoma Concealed Weapon License."

O.K. I understand that this license allows me to carry a handgun for the purpose of defense.

Just wondering.... Can I carry a sap, blackjack or baton in case I am assaulted and need to respond in order to protect myself and my loved ones, but not to the degree that I need to put a bullet into someone's brain? In other words, if I am assaulted by some oversized, drunk, loud-mouthed bully that wants to tangle physically but has not drawn a weapon; despite his/her size advantage?

I really don't want to shoot someone if I can at all avoid it, but if I can't avoid a confrontation, despite my best efforts, I would rather like to end it as quickly as possible with a sap, blackjack or baton. I would NEVER want to shoot anyone if there are other means available to defend myself and my loved ones.

I completely understand that a sap, blackjack or baton can fracture someone's scull, but I also understand that a a bullet, once fired, will very likely do that and more.

It is a misdemeanor charge for civilians. Ok for LEO’s,

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I make my own baseball bats canes.

1" Oak dowel with a billiard ball bolted onto the end. Perfectly legal and I have even carried it into the Oklahoma County Court House with no hassle.

5w7XKlB.jpg

Last edited:

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
carry if you want. it'll be nice if the law allowed for such things, but since it doesn't, just take it to a jury if you get caught with one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom