LEO Notification of Concealed Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I see it, if you're carrying and have no business with the LEO, don't need to tell me. If say, an eviction, traffic stop, etc., on official business, then yes. If you wave at me in QT, don't need to tell me.

Opinion 1

What the hell's the big deal?? Just say "Sir, I'd like to inform you I'm carrying a concealed weapon". It would be much better then getting drawn down on or taken to the ground with a spinning arm bar. If I made contact with you while I was on duty and you didn't tell me that you were carrying I'd assume the worst and things would go downhill from there. Why can't people on this forum just use common sense?

And opinion 2

And not knowing either person it would appear they are both LEO's and have different take. Oy Vey!

This entire conversation begs the answer to one potential scenario:

You're in line at a conveinence store. A cop shows up in a plain car, and runs in for a can of skoal. You exchange niceties. Hello, how ya doing. Etc...

While ya'll are standing there in line, three arm thugs bust in, unaware of the cop standing in line behind you. They hollar "this is a stick up!"

If the cop starts shooting, can you as well? To offer help, especially if he's outgunned? Should you?

This is entirely dependant on whether you feel you are in imminent danger. You are not allowed to ever pull if it is to protect someone else, only yourself. Now. Based on the parameters of the situation, three guys that are shooting and there are bullets flying would PROBABLY indicate that you are in danger. However, after spending half my day reading the thread about how people feel regarding the pharmacy shooting, I dunno...you'd probably get hit with Man 1. Heck, if you had a zealous D.A. you might get hit with premeditated becuase you obviously planned to kill someone that day which is why you KNEW that you'd be there when the timing was right to shoot the people that you KNEW would break in at that EXACT moment.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is entirely dependant on whether you feel you are in imminent danger. You are not allowed to ever pull if it is to protect someone else, only yourself.

Not exactly true.

You are advised to not pull to defend someone else, however, the law states differently.

From 21 O.S. 1289.25(D):

"A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."

It would be prudent to not intervene unless you are ABSOLUTELY certain of the situation at hand. What appears to be an armed robbery of an innocent woman by three thugs could really be a bust of a dealer by three undercover task force agents.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a great idea.How about using some common sense when encountering an LEO. Im sure if you will just think it through all will be well. Im sure Ill be told different here soon.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have a great idea.How about using some common sense when encountering an LEO. Im sure if you will just think it through all will be well. Im sure Ill be told different here soon.

You are SOO wrong!

Ok, got that out of the way, I completely agree with you. Always works for me.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

People must first possess common sense in order to use it.

If it don't come from .gov, then they ain't got it.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If this could be applied, we probably wouldn't have eight pages of discussion on it.:rollingla

Michael Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom