Lessons to be Learned

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never bring fists to a gun fight. Calvin and his friends brought that on themselves. The only thing Charles and his gf did wrong was step back outside after Calvin lit into them the first time. But, from the account the sheriff gave, this is purely self defense and with the multiple attackers he had a reasonable fear for his life and that of his g/f.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never bring fists to a gun fight. Calvin and his friends brought that on themselves. The only thing Charles and his gf did wrong was step back outside after Calvin lit into them the first time. But, from the account the sheriff gave, this is purely self defense and with the multiple attackers he had a reasonable fear for his life and that of his g/f.
Good: you picked up on that too. They should have went back inside before things went south.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good: you picked up on that too. They should have went back inside before things went south.

Oh yeah, listening to the sheriff I was surprised when he said they both went back outside. Hell to the no. My wife would be staying inside with 911 up on her phone ready to dial if I even thought about going outside. At most I would have opened my door but kept my storm door closed and talked through it.

But, then again, I wasn't there, don't know the full details. So at best I can only armchair qb the situation. The fact of the matter was they were both attacked and he responded to the threat. Them stepping outside onto their porch would not be considered out of the norm nor aggressive as Calvin initiated the interaction by knocking on the door. It was just a dumb move on their part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom