1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Lessons to be Learned

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by gerhard1, Apr 28, 2020.

1. gerhard1

gerhard1 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    A shooting in SD happened a couple of years ago in Polk County FL, and the sheriff tells what happened.

Thoughts? Comments?

2. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Never bring fists to a gun fight. Calvin and his friends brought that on themselves. The only thing Charles and his gf did wrong was step back outside after Calvin lit into them the first time. But, from the account the sheriff gave, this is purely self defense and with the multiple attackers he had a reasonable fear for his life and that of his g/f.

dennishoddy likes this.
  3. gerhard1

gerhard1 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Good: you picked up on that too. They should have went back inside before things went south.

4. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Oh yeah, listening to the sheriff I was surprised when he said they both went back outside. Hell to the no. My wife would be staying inside with 911 up on her phone ready to dial if I even thought about going outside. At most I would have opened my door but kept my storm door closed and talked through it.

But, then again, I wasn't there, don't know the full details. So at best I can only armchair qb the situation. The fact of the matter was they were both attacked and he responded to the threat. Them stepping outside onto their porch would not be considered out of the norm nor aggressive as Calvin initiated the interaction by knocking on the door. It was just a dumb move on their part.

5. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Florida Man times three...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk