Let’s Talk Ruger 10/22 Threaded Bull Barrels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had been looking for a 10/22 with a threaded barrel for a suppressor host. Never found one so I have about decided to add a bull barrel (and different stock) to my existing 10/22 that I have had for 20 years.
I know nothing about brands and quality, so this is for those of you in the know. What is a good barrel that won’t break the bank? This will just be for plinking and target practice, so I don’t need an expensive match grade barrel. I am just looking for one that is dependable and as accurate as my factory barrel.
Thanks all

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ar7.com has had good deals on barrels. My understanding is they are blind marked green mountain barrels. I have a 16in barrel that I picked up for 60-70 bucks new at the time and it shoots lights out.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Tactical Solutions barrels but it depends on how much you want to spend as well. Those are around $220 or so last time I looked.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$200 range will be doable. Then I will have to get a stock as well, but it looks like i can get that for around $75.
I did check out AR7.com, but everything was sold out or backordered. Same thing with Green Mountain. Thanks all for the responses. Going to check out tactical solutions next.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one with a Midway barrel and another with a magnum research barrel. Surprised me how close the Midway shot to the Magnum Research! The Midway barrel was less than $100 dollars I think too

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with the Tactical Solutions 16” fluted bbl. Got it in today.
0C60E64B-93E1-4E2F-A5AB-A12FF2F6C906.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom