Let me introduce myself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coleman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all! I moved from California to OKC in June 2015. I had taken the CCW class and qualified 2 hand guns for my defensive carrying in california. I was preparing my application to the county Sheriff when I got the job offer here in OKC. After moving, buying a house and getting married, My wife and I breezed through the concealed carry license process in March.
I have been hunting since about 16 yrs old. My Pop didn't hunt or even own a firearm. My brother and I learned from our neighbor and I've accumulated my fair share of firearms over the years.
I found this website while researching the laws here and learning how to get licensed. I've been reading the posts and finally registered today.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the sometimes argumentative but usually informative and fun OSA.
Every day here is like a Sunday dinner in football season when I was growing up.

Coleman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
welcome from edmond. so tell us coleman, how well do you like living in the gun friendly oklahoma?
So much to like and so much to not like as much. Its great that I can purchase a gun and go home with it the same day! I can find 22LR to purchase! I haven't looked real hard yet for an outdoor shooting range to shoot my deer and elk hunting rifles (270 remington and 300 Winchester short magnum). Everything seems to be indoors.
People are much more friendly here and they tend to drive slower and make COMPLETE stops and wait 10 seconds at stop signs.
Overall, Its been a good thing moving here and I won't be going back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom