Let's see: J.M. Davis Gun Museum Pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Claremore to the J.M Davis Gun Museum, absolutely awesome place. I had the 105mm macro lens attached to the camera, so I could only take close up pictures. I was there with the wife and kid so didn't really have enough time to mess with off camera lighting and manual settings...So I ended up with a lot of shots with really small depth of focus...

I really should take a trip up there by myself, with an external flash a couple of lenses and do some serious photography...

I loved the carved Ivory grips on this old Smith and Wesson:

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_JM_20Davis_DSC_0346.jpg

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_JM_20Davis_DSC_0347.jpg

A couple of sets of Spurs I liked:

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_JM_20Davis_DSC_0359.jpg

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_JM_20Davis_DSC_0361.jpg

Let's see your pictures from the museum!

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a picture of a "Pretty Flower" :D

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_JM_20Davis_DSC_0356.jpg

I cropped this one in a bit...tiny little sliver of focus on the gun...a real shame cus this one was a beaut! Keep in mind I'm also having to shoot through glass with an on camera flash and no flash diffuser...This probably should have been shot at about f/20 and had extra light from an off camera flash. I'm kinda "torqued" I didn't get this shot.

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_JM_20Davis_DSC_0348.jpg

This was an absolutely AMAZING flintlock pistol. It reminds me of something you'd see the Captain of an old time Pirate ship carrying.

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_JM_20Davis_DSC_0367.jpg

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_JM_20Davis_DSC_0369.jpg

I had to snap a pic of this Sig P239...only because it was weird to see a gun hanging in a museum that I have a nicer example of :D

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_JM_20Davis_DSC_0357.jpg

I really need to go back with a different lens so I can get some pics of the long guns...If you haven't been, it is an amazing collection. The museum has everything from a 14th or 15th century Chinese black powder "boom stick" to a Maxim Machine Gun and EVERYTHING in between...

AOW's like cane and pen guns, USED hangman's nooses, damn near every variation of German Mauser, at least 5 Beaumont-Vitalli's on display, every conceivable incarnation of the 1911, Samurai swords, rifles, shotguns, handguns, machine guns, cannons and a bunch of things I've never even seen before!

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's weird that the flower is still in place like that. I read some place that the emperial seal was distroyed on rifles like that when it looked like they might be captured. Something about the dishonor or something of it falling into enemy hands.

Shifty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's weird that the flower is still in place like that. I read some place that the emperial seal was distroyed on rifles like that when it looked like they might be captured. Something about the dishonor or something of it falling into enemy hands.

One that still has it on there is worth more coin than one that has had it ground off. Rare but not impossible to find. Ive seen a few that way.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On those Ariskas... the mum got ground off on the captured rifles that were collected en mass at the end of the war. The Mums were ground off in a diplomatic gesture to let the Japanese "save face"

Intact rifles were sent home before the end of the War.

That's the gist of what I have heard over the years about the Mum.

That museum is a hoot. They have space for some really great stuff... the saddles and tack are excellent also. I stop in when I am in Claremore on business a few times a year.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lived in Claremore when I was a kid up until I turned about 12 or so. The J.M. Davis museum and the Will Rogers Memorial were like my dad's second homes. We went there damn near every weekend.

On the front steps of the J.M. Davis, I've met several Tulsa celebs when I was a kid...Bob Hower, Chris Lincoln, BoBo the Clown and Uncle Zeb just to name a few.

Latest posts

Top Bottom