Let's See Your IDPA Set-Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which mods will disqualify my gun from stock? All the grip work or just some of it? I really want to get rid of the grooves and undercut the trigger guard. Is grip tape like Talon legal?

In IDPA, any external modification not offered by the factory will bump you out of SSP. Grip tape is OK, because it's not a permanent mod. Items such as Glock extended slide stops and mag release are OK because they're available from the factory. A Vickers slide stop would not. Any grip plug that extends below the bottom of the grip is ESP only. Any trigger replacement that is different externally, such as those with aluminum trigger bows are ESP only. Any non-factory type guide rod such as steel one picece are ESP only. Any external frame mods are ESP only (hence my Accurate Iron internal magwell blend).

Things like match barrels and adjustable sights are OK, because they're considered accuracy enhancements. Same for internal trigger work. All factory safeties must remain intact though.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which mods will disqualify my gun from stock? All the grip work or just some of it? I really want to get rid of the grooves and undercut the trigger guard. Is grip tape like Talon legal?
Any post and notch type iron sights are legal. Ghost ring sights are not legal. The express-style "V" rear, as offered by XL, are legal.

Brass butt plugs are not legal.

All safeties must be intact AND must be functional.

You can do just fine with a G-17 rigged up with grip tape, good iron sights front and rear, a butt plug (Jentra comes to mind) and a 3.5# connector. No other mods are essential.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my 17 done by mike pretty much the way your thinking

i585.photobucket.com_albums_ss294_AllOut_1B7B0EF1_9ECE_4BCB_8Ed03df4aa04fc9821b2e4fcd3e08fba14.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom