Lever Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winchester or Marlin

• Winchester

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • Marlin

Votes: 90 67.2%

• Total voters

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Marlin, side ejection, easier to mount a scope.

+1 I agree with Gill on this one. I'll post pictures later of my 336 with a Leupy scout scope mounted on it. Love that gun! I also have a Winchester Model '94 thats a pre - 1964 and also have a post 64 gun. They are nice guns but I enjoy shooting and taking apart the Marlin much better.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 336 that I'm really fond of. The Nikon scope that's riding on it right now is another matter, though. I like Winchester guns in general, but the 336/1894 family is just plain more practical.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marlin all the way. Take a nice 336(in any trim) put a scope on the already tapped flattop upper and have no worries with the ejected rounds as they jump out the side.

Now unfortunately you have to deal with "the Marlin Jamb" if you ever have a round jump past the loading gate and slam into the shell lifter or what ever its called. Time to pull the magazine cap and empty it that way.

You aren't going to be shooting any 1000 yd matches with a lever gun. But for durability, simplicity, classic looks and not to mention the new technology for tube fed magazine rifles from Hornady Leverevolution bullets stretching accuracy out farther than ever before; everyone should have at least one.

But they are addicting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom