Lever Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winchester or Marlin

• Winchester

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • Marlin

Votes: 90 67.2%

• Total voters

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I started with a peep site on my 1895G. It was ok, but it just didn't deliver the accuracy I wanted. I will admit if your primary purpose is hunting and fast acqusition, it would be ideal for that. I ended up getting a XS levelscout rail and putting a Banner dusk to dawn intermediate eye relief scope on it so I could mount the scope forward enough that I didn't have to use a hammer spur. I hate those hammer spurs. Anyway, my accuracy improved greatly lookng through glass and while I agree the rifle lost a bit of its old west look, but I like the increased accuracy.

By the way, if you are looking for the peep site, XS's fine peep sight system is on sale at Midwayusa right now...
Good luck,

Alan

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well thanks to you numbnuts I picked up one of each. A Winchester and a Marlin. I'll let you know the pros and cons and which one I like better and try and get some pics up.

Levi

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Currently have two Marlins: one 96 in .44 mag and one 336 in .35 REM.

Excellent brush guns, extremely reliable, and not a bad choice for an emergency/survival gun. Levers typically don't fail.

The 336 RC was manufactured in 1968 and was recently sent to Marlin to get new wood put on it. Marlin's customer service was unbeatable and had gone above and beyond fitting it with a new stock and forearm and had replaced additional harware without being asked or charging any additional fees.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Would anyone recommend the .308 over the 30/30 for hunting deer and hogs? Or does the 30/30 pretty much beat own in that regard? Which one is cheaper?

This thread reminded me of a .44 magnum lever action gun a gentlemen let me shoot at Happy Hollow one day. It was a good time for sure! Rifle season is just around the corner so........

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this thread needs to go away. I keep seeing activity on it and it keeps reminding me of the items sitting on my wish list at Midway.com. Scout Mount, Scope and WW Trigger.

Stop it I tell you. Stop It. I just got done spending major coin finishing up two AR builds and the bank account can't handle a new project yet.

Or can it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom