Lever Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winchester or Marlin

• Winchester

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • Marlin

Votes: 90 67.2%

• Total voters

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amen Nashoba. Man, I'd like to get my hands on one in .300 Savage or .308.

I'm beginning to think that my Marlin isn't digging the .30-30 LeverEvolution bullets. Seemed to be grouping Federal 180s fine, but the 170 grain LEs seemed to walk all over the place. Made me wishy-washy enough on it that I hunted with my .308 Mauser this year. Next year I dial it in with 180s and leave it be.

Anyone shooting .308 Marlin Express? Seems like it would be a pretty versatile lever cartridge, if'n you like to reload. Then again, so is the .30-30AI :P

Clean Harry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two Savage Model 99's, both in 250-3000. One was bought new by my Grandad in 1919 which is the first year they made them in that calibre. The other was purchased in the 1940's by my Dad. I shot my first deer with Dad's, and my Son killed his first deer with the same weapon. i also have a pre-'64 Model 94 and a Winchester model 71.

creekhawg

Marksman
Reaction score
I have an old 336 in .35 Remington and it will drop Hornady Leverrevolution 200 grains in a teacup at 250 yds. That's amazing ammo and much better accuracy since I put a tactical scope on it calibrated to the correct caliber.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my whole child hood i loved my dads 336, he still has it and shoots just as well as it did when he got it(almost 40yrs ago). my bro bought one from walmart and its a good shooter as well, i,ve always liked them better than winchesters, my neighbor had(winchester) one and i never could be that fond of a lever that wasnt a marlin, just from childhood memories and the feelin of that gun as a kid

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Marlin has ever made the 1895 Guide Gun in 450 Marlin, in stainless with the laminated stock. I'd love to have one set up to those specs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom