Lexington/Concord Anniversary Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship Clinic, April 16-17, Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come be a part of the rebirth of the American heritage of rifle marksmanship with Project Appleseed. We will be at the fantastic US Shooting Academy in Tulsa for our yearly Lexington and Concord Anniversary Appleseed. We do a few extra things at this event that we don't do at our other weekend marksmanship clinics, like the Volley for Liberty, where we salute the men who fought and died for our liberty on April 19, 1775 -- we also have special shirts, patches, and materials for attendees.

Project Appleseed is focused on the fundamentals of field-style marksmanship -- how to turn your body into the most stable platform possible, execute the shot without moving the rifle, and get back on target as quickly as possible, under time pressure with position transitions, reloads, and target transitions. Most of the shooting is done on 25 meter Army Qualification Test targets, so any rifle will work, whether rimfire or center fire. See how you stack up on the Army Qualification Test, and if you prove your mettle by scoring Expert, you will receive our prestigious Rifleman patch.

Project Appleseed is also devoted to teaching the story of how our heritage of marksmanship came to be, particularly the story of April 19, 1775 -- the first day of the Revolutionary War. You will hear this story like you never have before, and will be challenged to apply it's lessons to today's world.

Project Appleseed is suitable for all skill levels, from novice to expert, and for anyone who is old enough to safely handle a rifle. We are very family-friendly, and provide .22 LR loaner rifles to those who need them. We also sell .22 LR ammo at reasonable prices to those who are unable to find ammo. PM or email me to inquire about this.

Let us make you a more effective rifle shooter, regardless of your skill level or what style of shooting you do.

Link for detailed information and registration: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=228&id_event=4639

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is attending a single day still an option? I can't make it out on Saturday.

It's still an option, but it costs the same as attending one day.

You've already been to an Appleseed, haven't you? All the skills are taught Saturday, and Sunday is review, drills, and shooting lots of AQTs. So if you've already been to an Appleseed and are trying to get the patch, Sunday is the best day to come if you can only make one day. You'll have more opportunity to qualify.

I hope to see y'all there!

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good shoot folks! I enjoyed being on the firing line with my fellow liberty-loving Americans this Patriots' Day weekend. Much progress was made by all who attended, despite getting cut short by the range shutting us down early Sunday afternoon out of lightning concerns. I would have been glad to continue shooting with you in the rain if it was up to me! Keep practicing what you learned, and I hope to see you all on the firing line again soon.

I'll post a link to the AAR on the Appleseed forum, which is where pictures from the weekend will be posted, as soon as I can. The Appleseed site appears to be down now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom