Lexington gun range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not sure there is a link. It's a bare range. You have to bring your own targets and stands.
I've never shot there, but we have had threads about it on OSA in the past. People bring their junk out there to shoot and leave it on occasion. A group will form and clean it up, and then the junk comes back.
If I remember right there was a WWII vet that went out there to shoot, got mugged and all of his guns including an M1 Garand was stolen.
OSA and a couple of other forums put on fund raisers, and replaced the vets M1.
Think that was Waggoner.

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ranges get cleaned up quite often now. The Rangers stop in to check licenses and remind everyone about safety.
They also enforce the laws when necessary.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have shot there. It is part of the Lexington public hunting lands. There are several of these areas in Oklahoma; if you have a public land management map of Oklahoma you can view them. It has been about ten years for me to have been out there. It had 3 bays no larger further than 100 yards. It was not a safe environment. There is no range safety and you have a lot of first time shooters with little to no experience with no guidance. It also bring in the people that tend to make a lot of poor choices.

Agree.... not a very safe place to shoot. I wish it was better. They need to expand it X 3. The old Lexington range about 25 years ago was a lot larger. It is about the closest public WMA to OKC. Rangers do stop and check licenses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom