Lexington WMA gun range.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Went out Saturday to test fire the AK47 I just finished putting together. Several folks were there. Looked like a group of friends with wife's and kids. Have to say I kept a close eye on them because they obviously had little to no safety training. But they were friendly and caused no issues. Another group was a father and his boys, Dad was training the next generation!!
All in all I would definitely want to bring someone to help watch for safety issues, if I ever go again.
Range was pretty clean, the large group of friends was shooting at plastic bottles which they policed before they left.

AK Ran like a charm............So a good day shooting all in all. Need to get some indoor range safe ammo for it and get it sited in properly. Prolly going to wait until I can get a rear site rail and red dot site. Eyes are not liking the iron sites LOL.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went by myself Friday evening met a couple nice guys there. stayed until dark and left.. No issues.
Thinking about going this week sometime during the day.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The sign at the range also stated a fishing license will allow you on the range.

No hunting license? I suppose you do not hunt,, beastep You do not like the taste of deer is that correct?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out Saturday to test fire the AK47 I just finished putting together. Several folks were there. Looked like a group of friends with wife's and kids. Have to say I kept a close eye on them because they obviously had little to no safety training. But they were friendly and caused no issues. Another group was a father and his boys, Dad was training the next generation!!
All in all I would definitely want to bring someone to help watch for safety issues, if I ever go again.
Range was pretty clean, the large group of friends was shooting at plastic bottles which they policed before they left.

AK Ran like a charm............So a good day shooting all in all. Need to get some indoor range safe ammo for it and get it sited in properly. Prolly going to wait until I can get a rear site rail and red dot site. Eyes are not liking the iron sites LOL.

If you get it set up with a red dot, please bring it to the ENS on March 18!

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sign at the range also stated a fishing license will allow you on the range.

No hunting license? I suppose you do not hunt,, beastep You do not like the taste of deer is that correct?

No fishing license either.
I only hunt my own land. No hunting license needed. Im not paying the state to hunt my own land. But I do hunt pigs other places but you dont need a hunting license to hunt them.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Pics as soon as I figure out where the cloud is putting the pics lol.. May have to hook my phone up to my computer and get them that way.
Drury I will try to have it by then , no promises . Had my truck stolen at work and between replacing my tools, and putting money back for vacation things are a little tight right now. Having said that I have found a tactical mount that connects at the rear site mount and at the rear stock screw, if researching it turns up good things I can definitely have that and the site I am looking at before then.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should be able to upload pics directly from your phone. (I have an iPhone 6). There is a + symbol to the left of the box I'm typing in now: when I tap that + symbol, I can then see where I can add attachments or photos directly from my phone, or I can take a pic now and it will give me a prompt asking if I want to use this picture. So I'll just tap and add a pic to this. Here's a pic:
3ab7b492f1d4d392297469a5d0a83ec1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom