Lexington

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Took the AK's out today, one for fun the other to site in. They are both on and running like a dream!
Been out there several times and have had no issues with idiots. Place could use a little policing of empty casings but other than that no real issues.
Thinking next weekend heading back out and shooting my 54cal BP and my 30.06.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got an email from the wildlife department that says they are redoing all the berms at the ranges on public land. They are also cleaning all the lead up.
http://www.shootingwire.com/story/400618

Thank goodness, hope they will make it larger. Sounds good about berms and shooting stations. Thanks for posting dlbleak.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering if Lexington is too much of a drive for folks for an ENS? And could we bring portable grills and do burgers and dogs on site?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think it would be a good place. Lots of guys from south of the city could make it. The regs about open fires or grills on public land should be the same. Everyone that shoots would need a hunting licence though.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Any body know any of the game wardens there? Might want to run it by them to see what they say. And ask if it would be ok for non hunters to join.
I will see if I can track a game warden down when I am visiting if no one knows any!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any body know any of the game wardens there? Might want to run it by them to see what they say. And ask if it would be ok for non hunters to join.
I will see if I can track a game warden down when I am visiting if no one knows any!

Well I don't know any, and have never been there. But if you can check this out, and get us an A-Okay, we could set up and ENS for later in May or June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck. The requirement for possession of a Hunting license is pretty much set in stone on the ODW shooting ranges. It's not much more than the cost of a range day at Wilshire and it's good for a year.
$25 for the use of a range all year is cheap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom