Light concealed carry jacket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a very light weight jacket for concealed carry? Preferably something that can be worn during the Oklahoma summer? Years ago I had a lightweight denim jacket that was almost long enough to reach my crotch but was light enough and breathable so I had no problem wearing it even in 100 degree days. I wore it over a shoulder holster or IWB holster without trouble.

I would like to find something like that again. Windbreakers and hoodies just feel to warm for this old fat boy.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, wearing a jean jacket, or any kind of jacket during the summer is going to give folks cause to look and wonder 'Now why that guy got a jacket on? It's 100 degrees outside and that dude wearin' a jacket? Naw..."

Now, you could pull it off with a Summer Weight Blazer. Lots of men wear a light blazer over slacks or jeans in the summer months; guys who wok in something a bit nicer than just a shirt/pants combo...just go to a store that sells same, Kohls has a bunch of them, and pick up a tan or light gray lightweight blazer, or one of each, and you'll be good. Sometimes you'll see these marked as Traveler's Blazers.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, wearing a jean jacket, or any kind of jacket during the summer is going to give folks cause to look and wonder 'Now why that guy got a jacket on? It's 100 degrees outside and that dude wearin' a jacket? Naw..."

Now, you could pull it off with a Summer Weight Blazer. Lots of men wear a light blazer over slacks or jeans in the summer months; guys who wok in something a bit nicer than just a shirt/pants combo...just go to a store that sells same, Kohls has a bunch of them, and pick up a tan or light gray lightweight blazer, or one of each, and you'll be good. Sometimes you'll see these marked as Traveler's Blazers.

Wouldn't these look ever stranger? :P

https://www.amazon.com/Clearance-Wintialy-Casual-Button-Blazer/dp/B07HKHJRYB/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=Summer+Weight+Men's+Blazer&qid=1551444888&s=gateway&sr=8-15

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps a lightweight vest?

For a casual look, you might consider cutting the sleeves from a shirt … And change your screen name to "Larry The Cable Guy"

Just a couple thoughts. :drunk2:

Naw, it would be awesome...if you change your screen name to "Liberace"

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Slightly oversize tropical shirt.
Some are less “loud” than others. People will look at you with more scrutiny if it IS tucked in at the waist. The patterns help break up any bulge enough that you really don’t have to try to use darker colors.

8d1a03731a7f0aaa8225c7d7524e9d97.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom