lighting for my reload bench

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akgriffin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019601974?pid=685263 I had a fire back in january and now that my rebuild is finished i am gonna take over the spare bedroom and make it a reload room now. That is my new electric powder dropper but my question is this. I will need lighting on the bench cause the room has a puny single bulb in it. Is there any type of lighting that will not throw electric interference to the scales and cause irregular weights? Thanks for the help yall.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use those adjustable LED swivel lights that clamp to the desk. I've had zero issues with my electronic powder drop. I still occasionally spot check it's powder drops with an old analog scale, and it's never been off. I paid a bit more for them when I first bought them because they had a magnifying glass in the center of the lamp. I'm now glad I went with those. It sure makes inspecting brass and sorting heads stamps a lot easier on my eyes.
IMG-7529.JPG

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While your trying to figure out a light source, you might want to use this:

https://www.torchstar.us/torchstar-...e-e26-base-ul-listed-damp-location-rated.html

I needed a brighter light source in my garage -- the logical step was LED light, but the the RF signal effected my garage door opener -- it would open but would not close (unless you turned off the light).

These are supposed to be insulated to block the RF signal (it worked for me, on my openers). Plus you can use them in a standard base until you figure out what you really want.

Just an affordable option, to get started with !!!!!!

Good luck on your quest for better lighting !!!!!!

akgriffin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so what lighting is throwing off digital scales? How far away do you get affected? I am wondering about this!

ok let me explain. i have been learning to reload from a buddy of mine for the last 3 yrs or so. I have been using his 6yr old or older auto powder dropper, my bodies electromagnetic field causes the old and new powder dropper to become unstable and start bouncing. So if my body will cause this i know a electromagnetic field from a light system will do the same. so i was mostly extrapolating from my limited and my buddies long experiance.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LED 4 foot shop lamps. Now DONT buy the bulb type LEDs rather the concentration of all thos small ones. They put put much better usable light than the bulb leds

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok let me explain. i have been learning to reload from a buddy of mine for the last 3 yrs or so. I have been using his 6yr old or older auto powder dropper, my bodies electromagnetic field causes the old and new powder dropper to become unstable and start bouncing. So if my body will cause this i know a electromagnetic field from a light system will do the same. so i was mostly extrapolating from my limited and my buddies long experiance.
You need a Grounding strap

Latest posts

Top Bottom