Little range time with the AI and dustingaunder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still do not remember cranking that knob up so high!!! Keep it up and you can just watch me squeeze off 250 rounds at the poppers while you dream of that rifle you want to buy!!

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Needs a couple of more :bowdown:!!!! Got the last 100 of the 250 rounds reloaded, checked UPS site and the poppers are in OKC. Now just to get somewhere tomorrow to get some good spray paint to paint them suckers and try to wait patiently for Sunday. :50cal:

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Below is the new target stand I made to support both of my auto-poppers. The targets were bought from MGM Targets. The targets are 3/8" AR500 and have a very nice hinge and spring to keep them popping back up after getting shot. They had free shipping and 10% off if you get them unpainted.

You can see which one Dustin and I shot on Sunday. The reason the other did not make it out is because I took the target off of the stand to paint them and the threads on one of the nuts got jacked up. I fixed this by buying new bolts and square nuts to fix the one complaint I have about the targets. The complaint is the normal hexagon nuts would spin around inside the hinge mount when you tried to loosen or tighten the bolts. I fixed that by wedging in a flat head screwdriver between the nut and hinge. With the square nuts, the nuts cannot spin around and the bolts are very easy to tighten or loosen.

When Dustin and I were shooting we shot the target sideways at 400 meters and then made the front stake I was using disappear at 500 meters. Not sure where it went but as you can see from the pictures I built a frame to better support both targets. I will be buying some bolts or something to wedge into holes I cut through the boards to hold it steady while we shoot at it.

The targets have a 4" wide circle, are 2" wide on the top, and are 3" wide on the base. At 400 meters, it was pretty easy to hit and after two 10 round mags we decided to go ahead and move back to 500 meters. At 500 meters, it was a little bit harder to hit but was done fairly regularly. With the performance of the 155Gr Lapua Scenars at 500 meters and 600 yards, I would say the bullet performs pretty good and know the gun definitely shoots better than me. However, I know me wonder about the 18XGr Scenars and how they would perform. Oh well, now onto the pictures.

ai283.photobucket.com_albums_kk289_20aegti_Guns_IMG_2581.jpg

ai283.photobucket.com_albums_kk289_20aegti_Guns_IMG_2582.jpg

ai283.photobucket.com_albums_kk289_20aegti_Guns_IMG_2584.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom