Loaded Mossberg Shockwave in Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know the legality of a Mossberg Shockwave, loaded, in the vehicle? I’m planning on buying one, mainly for the trade off of how stow-able it is in the truck along with it’s ability to kill snakes, which I have a surplus of on the farm this year. Has anyone researched or been informed on where it stands?

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are not legal on a state level in Okieland.
Most officers probably aren’t that familiar with the specific laws regarding them... but if you ever had to use it for self defense, that isn’t a position I’d want to be in to try and explain to a DA.
If you haven’t shot one before, you may want to before you buy one for regular use for snake slaying. I would opt for a 18.5 mossberg 500 with a folding stock so you don’t have to worry about it, and you can have an actual pistol grip.
Ymmv.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are not legal on a state level in Okieland.
Most officers probably aren’t that familiar with the specific laws regarding them... but if you ever had to use it for self defense, that isn’t a position I’d want to be in to try and explain to a DA.
If you haven’t shot one before, you may want to before you buy one for regular use for snake slaying. I would opt for a 18.5 mossberg 500 with a folding stock so you don’t have to worry about it, and you can have an actual pistol grip.
Ymmv.

They are not legal at all, or legal for carry/carry in vehicle?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two issues here, the firearm and the carry condition.

OK law has two different definitions related to "Loaded". Chamber loaded, not okay. "Clip or Magazine loaded", okay with a permit.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe someone on here a few years back said the same exact thing about the Judge and Governor. They fall under the same rules, no? Roy, do you have a carry permit? IIRC, that changes things about leaving a shotgun in the car.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom