Local IDPA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvmorris

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering when the next Local(OKC) IDPA match would be? I would like to get into this type of competition(training). I will be shooting a khar TP-45 and her a P-45.

jvmorris

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Mr Snell, I would like to attend a few closer ones until I get atleast proficient. Then maybe I could get the wife to venture down there. JVM

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on going to the Hinton shoot this weekend. It's a great place to start
IDPA...
The Tulsa matches are very good as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Sure wish there was a IDPA match in the OKC area and Have NO idea why there is not....

jvmorris

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the invites, I work saturday but will try to make the Hinton event(wife permitting of course). I only have 2 - 7 round mags will this make it thru a stage.

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to resurrect a semi dead thread, but how does one get started with either IDPA or IPSC? Do you just start showing up at the matches, or are there any locations where you could take a class or just practice in the greater OKC metro area? I honestly would feel kind of embarrassed just starting out with this whole run and gun thing for the first time at a competition, as the closest thing I have to experience with it either involved a keyboard and mouse or a joystick.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hate to resurrect a semi dead thread, but how does one get started with either IDPA or IPSC? Do you just start showing up at the matches, or are there any locations where you could take a class or just practice in the greater OKC metro area? I honestly would feel kind of embarrassed just starting out with this whole run and gun thing for the first time at a competition, as the closest thing I have to experience with it either involved a keyboard and mouse or a joystick.

You should just show up and tell the guys that you are new and want to learn. Bring your gun and holster and some extra mags and some ammo. The folks will show you the ropes and give ya some pointers.

There is a thread here in the competition area about the matches and what is involved.

Have fun!

Latest posts

Top Bottom