Local(Oklahoma) suppressor manufacturers/silencersmiths?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I've been spending some time in silencertalk's silencersmithing forum and looking up supply cost and realizing just how terribly overpriced most of the commercial cans are.

I'd like to make my own but I don't have the lathe and mill necessary nor the training at the
moment, so I want to know who in Tulsa, or the rest of the state, is making suppressors or is set
up to make them to my specifications?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Terribly overpriced? Do you know how much it costs to run a CNC turning center and CNC mill? Do you know how much time it would take to make one on manual machines? Do you know how poorly one made to your specs is going to perform?

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I know all about Cnc operations.

How poorly my design will perform?! Do you know me? Do you know a damn thing about what I have in mind? For all you know I'm the next John Moses Browning! Don't come in to a thread and talk s..t to a guy you know nothing about.
If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread then don't speak.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I know all about Cnc operations.

How poorly my design will perform?! Do you know me? Do you know a damn thing about what I have in mind? For all you know I'm the next John Moses Browning! Don't come in to a thread and talk s..t to a guy you know nothing about.
If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread then don't speak.

You sound like a loud mouthed hot head. I'd put money on your design performing poorly compared to the commercial offerings available.

I was gonna wait for you to get even more butthurt, but I decided against it.

I was just asking some questions. You seem to have it all figured out though which is why you're posting here in the first place right? I didn't mean for you to take my comments so personally. I just mean that you'll be lucky to pay to have a one off part made and come out ahead cost wise unless you put the time in yourself. Which obviously you can't do since you lack the skill and the equipment. I also know a little about R&D. Very rarely does the first iteration equate a home run. Commercial suppressors cost a lot because of R&D and machine time. They are also great performers because of the R&D. They didn't just throw some junk in solid works that looked cool and make these cans. They designed them, modeled them and built them over and over again until they got what they wanted.

Try putting your big boy pants on before you post on the internet.

Last edited:

carready

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
OAS Sponsor
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that they are overpriced for what they are and what is put into them. Waiting on the paperwork to start on my own with my design. Have the mill, lathe and design, now just need the ok.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i246.photobucket.com_albums_gg118_annie80918_cat_fight.jpg

Sorry I could not help it. LOL

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Terribly overpriced? Do you know how much it costs to run a CNC turning center and CNC mill? Do you know how much time it would take to make one on manual machines? Do you know how poorly one made to your specs is going to perform?

Just wondering, being a machinist myself I dont see the reason why some cost so much more than others. Especialy if most the work is done CNC. But then Ive never made one. I understand some are better than others but what is the reason for a 500 to 600 or way more dollar differance? So what does drive the cost up?

carready

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
OAS Sponsor
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some think they are way better than everyone else so they must cost more... Sometimes like cars your paying a lot just for the name.

Latest posts

Top Bottom