Long range ENS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So folks lets start discussing this deal, I think we need to set a date plus alternate as well as choose a range.
So first things first.... where. Once we decide that then we can talk dates.

@dennishoddy has kindly offered his range , any body else have any ideas.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am interested, also have issues with date more than location.

Hoping to get my wife to come along and let her stretch her 243.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fouled Bore is probably your best bet if you can schedule a time and date with them for your ENS. One shooters station can easily accommodate 8-10 shooters under cover while shooting prone. Steel targets from 100 to I believe 1250 yards....maybe further. I would take a can or two of white paint to repaint the gongs if they will let you. Cost is $30 a head but who knows maybe they'll give a discount if you tell them who you are and what you represent and can guarantee "x" amount of shooters. Maybe volunteering some sweat equity on the range as well?

You can contact them here: http://www.fouledbore.com/contact-us.html

Having several shooters trying their hand for the first time at longrange (>500yds) is going to require a few pieces of equipment and a basic knowledge of one's ammo and rifle. You'll need a couple of chronographs, spotting scopes, ballistic apps, barrel twist, scope height, and G7 ballistic coefficient (boat tail) G1 coefficient (flat base) of your bullet. A quality weather station would come in handy as well.

Last edited:

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd hit up Justin at Fouled Bore. Lots of steel out to distances that are "long range" for just about everybody. They are also very used to hosting groups/matches since they run Silent Night, and several NRL 22 and Border Wars matches throughout the year.

In the mean time if anybody wants to throw money down range at steel at OKCGC I'm usually around most weekends and it's just a quick run up the road for me.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would certainly be interested. Depending on weather and date (what else is on the calendar) I could make Fouled Bore or Ponca City work.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Are you guys looking to shoot precision type targets at loooooong distance or are you just hoping to ring some barn sized steel?

If it's just ringing big steel I can set my AR up like a mortar to lob 55 grain projectiles and adjust fire until I hit something if I don't run out of ammo first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom