Long Range shooting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laubage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any places in Oklahoma have a course that teaches long range shooting? I'd like to get into shooting up to 1000+/- yards, but I'm not sure where I can shoot that far or where I can get the instruction on how to. It doesn't have to be a formal course if there are any skilled marksmen out there. I'd be looking at primarily shooting .308 since that's all I have.

My knowledge base goes as much as I can read about on the internet. I understand MOA/Mils and how to range with a Mil-dot. I also understand the basics of bullet drop, wind drift and that pressure altitude and temperature will affect the flight path. I even read about spin drift the other day. I would like to learn the practical side vs the theoretical side to shooting this far (ie ranging unknown objects with a mil-dot, wind estimation, shooting technique, equipment, etc...).

There's gotta be someone out there that can point me in the right direction.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
I teach all the long range training stuff out at USSA. However, I recommend Bobby out at Badlands as well. As much as I can teach you here we are way limited on distance. Badlands is top notch. Not that I don't know my stuff or that we are sub par but not having a range longer than 300 sucks. I have my own place I go train at to get my 1k work done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom