Long range training from a Marine sniper, who's in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Okay. I didn't want to hijack another post, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

How many of you, if any, would be interested in getting some long range training (1,000 yards or more) from a military sniper? This is the real deal. Marine tours, then navy tours and now in the reserves.

I'm trying to get an idea of how many people would be interested - maybe even chip in a buck or two to cover his expenses. I can provide a private range and facilities. Bring your own rifle and ammo.

I would imagine there would be some 'classroom' discussion, but it would mainly be centered on live fire.

IF we can get organized, I would be happy to provide details as to his tour history and experience. if there would be a 'tip jar' (again, IF) it would be at the range. no money up front or anything. I would cover up front expenses, if any.

thoughts? dumb idea? interest?

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would be interested, depending on dates and such. A one day only would be best for me, as in Saturdays, or I would be willing to take a day off to do it, but Sunday is out for me.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks mitch. I appreciate the PM from the other thread. My wife was looking over my shoulder earlier and mentioned that she was currently drilling with a Marine that might be interested! Keep me in the loop about your friend as well!

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That would be cool! AR platform? Or any bolt gun?

I would think it would be a 'shoot what your brung' kind of event. probably needs to be a platform that can reach that far. that would be the only limitation. I have several platforms and would be happy to let someone shoot what I bring. Might get a Barret .50 Cal out there let everyone take a couple shots.

saturday or sunday event I would think. Location would be near Crescent, OK. could put a convoy together to go out or something.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be interested. I would think 600 to 800 yards would be max for my setup. Have been wanting to build a 300 to get out that far. Would be nice to get a little instruction though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom