Long Term Owner Reports on Sig P365/365XL/SAS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@rockchalk: Dang. Thanks for the report. Hope it comes back fixed and you have no more issues.

(Note to self: If @rockchalk puts an XL up for sale...do not buy it).

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From these few replies it sure looks like you rolls the dice and takes yer chances with them. I'm sorry @rockchalk is experiencing issues, but glad mine is running good...and so is Rocky's and tR's...my range buddy also as one that he has had a month or longer than me that is also just fine. I like the gun a lot and am also going to get a second one.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can say my wife wasn't all that pleased with the grip texture as it was a little rough on her ladylike hands. Just so happened that one of the fine upstanding gentlemen on this site had a Hogue Handall slip on and gave it to me for her to try. Well, that sealed the deal in her taking it over. Took me a little while to decide whether to thank him or cuss him.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From these few replies it sure looks like you rolls the dice and takes yer chances with them. I'm sorry @rockchalk is experiencing issues, but glad mine is running good...and so is Rocky's and tR's...my range buddy also as one that he has had a month or longer than me that is also just fine. I like the gun a lot and am also going to get a second one.

It sounds like the P365 has been tuned and fixed. I rarely hear any issues with mid 2018 builds. If I do, it’s generally user error, big hands or bad ammo.

My December P365 is a tank. I’ve ran the crappiest ammo I could through it. I tried to get it to fail. Even did some limp wristing and couldn’t get to fail. I finally got enough confidence to carry it. I’ve been carrying it 4 to 5 days a week and have about 350 dollars in custom leather for it. About a year now.

Sig is notorious for using the public for R&D. Same is true with the XL. This time talking to the Sig rep, he was quick to take it in. Made no statements about user error or other BS excuses.

I will say though, this XL was tight. Never had a weapon be so tight.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have over 1450 rounds through mine. Early to Mid 2019 mfr date.
Only thing it won't feed is Win USA steel case, poor feeding and numerous duds in other guns also. CRAP AMMO.
I'd buy another. Very accurate, awesome trigger, great capacity for its size.
Drawback, not full time ambi mag release. Personal preference.

EDIT. P365

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have over 1450 rounds through mine. Early to Mid 2019 mfr date.
Only thing it won't feed is Win USA steel case, poor feeding and numerous duds in other guns also. CRAP AMMO.
I'd buy another. Very accurate, awesome trigger, great capacity for its size.
Drawback, not full time ambi mag release. Personal preference.

Is yours a P365 or is it the XL model? Oh, and I agree with you on the Win USA Steel Crap, I would rather not even go shooting if all I had was that junk to run. I'd chunk that junk, or give it someone I didn't particularly like.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had mine a while. It's been flawless. I want to say I got it in July of 18? I don't know.

I've had mine for over a year with zero issues. My best guess is that there's been 1500 to 2000 rounds put down the pipe. Various brands of ammo with zero issues (haven't tried any steel case, though). It's my everyday carry weapon of choice. I've also got an SAS slide ordered for it.

Guess I got a good'un!! :patriot:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would rather not even go shooting if all I had was that junk to run. I'd chunk that junk, or give it someone I didn't particularly like.

So, that's why you gave it to me?????? J/K! J/K!

We just had a discussion about WWB ammo at the range last Thursday evening. Such crap. I guess my son's still got a few boxes of it and he's about afraid to even shoot it. Who on here told me about somebody ruining a gun with WWB? Been a while ... I've slept since then.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! I have had issues with plain old WWB too, but that's brass case; 115 Gr. The junk in question here is Win USA STEEL CASE. My issues with WWB are dead primers primarily and on a few occasions, failure to feed due to the bullet extending too far past the case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom