Long term storage of .22 ammo.........what's your method?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Steel ammo cans are great cause you can stack 'em deep. Seals do fail, but a good greasing will make them last a long time. Dessicant packs are easy to find, cheap to make. We keep a big one int he safe that has color changing crystals in it to tell us when it's sucked up all it can. Works a treat.

Steel cans don't get brittle in cold or sun, but can corrode if left on a damp floor.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In original box, in original bricks, in original case stacked in the closet.

Well, at least it was before the boating accident. Still haven't figured out why I took all the guns and ammo out on the boat that day. :screwy:

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here, I inherited my Granddads 22 six shooter. Opened the box up and it had several 50rd boxes of 22 in it, no telling how old it was. I loaded them in the gun and they all fired.

No need to over think ammo storage.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With .22 ammo i would like to use the logic I used to use on beer and other recreational intoxicants when I was younger. Why risk letting it go bad. Let's drink it now.

I am positive that we should shoot it before it goes bad. Why risk it. Shoot it all and buy some more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom