Looking for a 22lr pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently traded in an XD40 for an AK47 (I know, big change) and plan on joining USSA in about a week. I want to be able to utilize all they're awesome pistol bays so I have been thinking about picking up another handgun in 22. I was thinking about getting a walther p22 but would have to wait a little bit to purchase one due to the price.

I was wondering if you folks had any advice on a good 22 pistol to get for plinking. The Walther seems like a good gun but I am wondering if there is some cheaper options that I don't know about. I have also shot a friends old Ruger 22 Revolver and liked it, so revolvers are not out of the running.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No to the Walther, YES to Browning Buckmark. I did the Walher thing a couple of times and while it is fun to shoot it is not that accurate. Buckmarks are just fantastic and start well under $300, cheaper than the Walther.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No to the Walther, YES to Browning Buckmark. I did the Walher thing a couple of times and while it is fun to shoot it is not that accurate. Buckmarks are just fantastic and start well under $300, cheaper than the Walther.

I had a buddy hitting old pop cans at 80yds with a P22 feeding Remington bulk junk ;)

i still think the buckmark is a better pistol though

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies fellas, I will definitely look into the buckmark. It turns out I can also use a 22lr rifle for the pistol ranges so that broadens the search a little bit.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a last year Ruger Mark I that has been incredible. In all the years I can only remember one malfunction, a stovepipe and that was right after I cleaned it, go figure. Great little pistol, reliable and accurate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom