Looking For a Conceal Carry Fixed Blade Knife - help me out OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B Gordon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long as it's not double-edged or over 4" blade length, thanks to our ridiculous Oklahoma knife laws. <sigh>

Could I get a bit of clarification on this since I am ignorant with respect to Oklahoma law on the matter.

I carry a fixed blade hunting knife in the glove box of my car that has a clip on the sheath so I can grab it to carry on me if I feel the need. Sounds like I might need to change what I keep handy.

What (specifically) is the law on carrying a concealed knife on your person or in the car within easy reach of the driver?

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long as it's not double-edged or over 4" blade length, thanks to our ridiculous Oklahoma knife laws. <sigh>

I can carry a .45ACP handgun with 100 rounds of ammunition (however much I can carry), but God forbid I have a knife with two edges or a blade of 4.25".

2.5" in Chicago. I bought a Ka bar TDI specificly for my visits to Chicago. Since I cant CC there.

My Ka bar TDI sits in the safe since the metal clip (which you can mount on either side of the sheath) bent and sticks out kinda funny, snagged it on something. Re holstering the knife was kinda scary, always worried about cutting myself. Now I carry a crkt folder.

The Esee' mentioned above look sweet!

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69740
Chapter 53 - Manufacture, Sale, and Wearing of Weapons
Section 1272 - Unlawful Carry
Cite as: O.S. §, __ __

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry upon or about his or her person, or in a purse or other container belonging to the person, any pistol, revolver, shotgun or rifle whether loaded or unloaded or any dagger, bowie knife, dirk knife, switchblade knife, sword cane, knife having a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife, blackjack, loaded cane, billy, hand chain, metal knuckles, or any other offensive weapon, whether such weapon be concealed or unconcealed, except this section shall not prohibit:

1. The proper use of guns and knives for hunting, fishing, educational or recreational purposes;

2. The carrying or use of weapons in a manner otherwise permitted by statute or authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act;

3. The carrying, possession and use of any weapon by a peace officer or other person authorized by law to carry a weapon in the performance of official duties and in compliance with the rules of the employing agency;

4. The carrying or use of weapons in a courthouse by a district judge, associate district judge or special district judge within this state, who is in possession of a valid handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act and whose name appears on a list maintained by the Administrative Director of the Courts; or

5. The carrying and use of firearms and other weapons provided in this subsection when used for the purpose of living history reenactment. For purposes of this paragraph, "living history reenactment" means depiction of historical characters, scenes, historical life or events for entertainment, education, or historical documentation through the wearing or use of period, historical, antique or vintage clothing, accessories, firearms, weapons, and other implements of the historical period.

B. Any person convicted of violating the foregoing provision shall be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable as provided in Section 1276 of this title.

Historical Data

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, Oklahoma knife laws are ridiculous. My fixed blade "carry" knife is a DPX HEST Original, has a fantastic kydex, thick polymer sheath but the belt loops are more like MOLLE than anything. I've heard they make a normal one with a belt clip. One seriously hard corp knife, although I don't actually carry it, I just bought it because I liked it and it's sat unused since. I guess I should find the box and put it back in for storage.

Clint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
2.5" in Chicago. I bought a Ka bar TDI specificly for my visits to Chicago. Since I cant CC there.

My Ka bar TDI sits in the safe since the metal clip (which you can mount on either side of the sheath) bent and sticks out kinda funny, snagged it on something. Re holstering the knife was kinda scary, always worried about cutting myself. Now I carry a crkt folder.

The Esee' mentioned above look sweet!

A buddy of mine carries an Esee and loves it.
I also bent my TDI sheath clip so I bought the TDI Fightworthy sheath from PHLster which has soft loops. It works great to carry at 11 o'clock with a folder (Emerson-Kershaw) on my strong side for more utility work.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy of mine carries an Esee and loves it.
I also bent my TDI sheath clip so I bought the TDI Fightworthy sheath from PHLster which has soft loops. It works great to carry at 11 o'clock with a folder (Emerson-Kershaw) on my strong side for more utility work.

I need to get a sheath, Im also thinking of buying it from PHLster. Ive had soft loops on a holster and hated it. Doesnt hold the holster firmly. Any problem like that on the sheath with soft loops? Is there a lot of movement when worn?

Latest posts

Top Bottom