Looking for a new red dot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the the looks and specs of the vortec AR sparc and the double A battery. How is the bayry life for you?

Well, I've only changed the battery once or twice, when I forgot and left it on, probably. It's hard to say exactly how long I get out of a battery, but let's just say it's never been an issue in terms of noticing that it goes through batteries too quickly? It's not an Aimpoint or something with a 5 year run-time, but it's not been a problem. I use the high riser and the 2x magnifier on mine. Dot is nice and crisp, nothing noticeable in terms of bleed or distortion. I've since spray painted mine along with the rest of my rifle in camo colors.

The only complaint was it didn't come with lens covers, if I remember right, and I bought the Butler Creek ones, once I measured and figured out which ones I needed. It's been a long time, I really do think it's been nearly 7 years, which is a bit of a shock to me. lol Where are you at? If you're nearby, you're welcome to try it out on my rifle.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I've only changed the battery once or twice, when I forgot and left it on, probably. It's hard to say exactly how long I get out of a battery, but let's just say it's never been an issue in terms of noticing that it goes through batteries too quickly? It's not an Aimpoint or something with a 5 year run-time, but it's not been a problem. I use the high riser and the 2x magnifier on mine. Dot is nice and crisp, nothing noticeable in terms of bleed or distortion. I've since spray painted mine along with the rest of my rifle in camo colors.

The only complaint was it didn't come with lens covers, if I remember right, and I bought the Butler Creek ones, once I measured and figured out which ones I needed. It's been a long time, I really do think it's been nearly 7 years, which is a bit of a shock to me. lol Where are you at? If you're nearby, you're welcome to try it out on my rifle.
Thanks for the info and the offer to check it out. If we were closer I'd take you up on it. Thanks for the heads up on the lense covers

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You are talking about the Sparc AR, correct??
666483_ts.jpg

The mount is part of the unit and is where the battery goes. It was made for the AR and comes with a rubber cover with lens covers on it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one I have is the original Sparc, came with a lo and hi mount, I think, and a bikini cover that snapped within hours. No actual lens caps. The newer ones I would like to try, especially that Sparc AR.

<edit> Also, mine doesn't use a regular AA or AAA battery, uses a coin battery, 2032, I think.

Millerdog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Vortex Sparc. I've never run a battery out, I just change it to keep a fresh one in. The manual says up to 5000 hours on low. Clean 2 moa dot. unlimited unconditional lifetime no questions asked warranty . Has worked great for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom