Looking for a new red dot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would look at the Spitfire or the Spitfire AR. They both work on an AR without the need for any other mount. The Spitfire AR uses a AAA batt. But the big reason I went to the Spitire over the Strikefire is that the Spitfire is a prism scope. Meaning it has a etched black reticle that means it works with the unit turned on or off. Its black with the unit off or with a dead batter or adjustable red with it on. Batter life isnt an issure with any of the Vortex unless you dont turn it off. A friend of mine was having problems with batteries in one of his till he realized he was only turning it down to night vision setting instead of completely off.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the Vortec Sparc AR red dot. The deal they have ends tonight at 2400. Hope I like it. Not to mention the deal Palmetto had going on it was like getting all 10 pmags for free. Like ten of them pmags. Dang. That's crazy good.

Thanks guys for the input. I'll get back with how it works functions and a range report when I get it mounted and all

Latest posts

Top Bottom