1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Looking for a special place to shoot.

Discussion in 'Gun Club/Range Talk' started by TheDoubleD, Apr 8, 2021.

1. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    So no .70 caliber black powder rifles?

Sorry, I didn't know there was an upper caliber limit for hunting. :anyone:

2. TheDoubleD

TheDoubleD Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Looked at their web site, they look like they maybe worth a day trip to check out--Fouled Bore.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  3. TheDoubleD

TheDoubleD Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    There is no problem with the back stop. Cannon balls are low velocity and land in the back stop like any other projectile and usually not as deep. It is not unusual to find the cannon balls laying on the surface after firing. If your back stop is adequate for muzzle loading rifles they are adequate for muzzling loading cannon. A backstop for high velocity rifle is way more than adequate for muzzled loading cannon.

Every 1 inch shot I make with my cannon contributes 1500 grains lead to the club's lead recycling program.

Most Muzzleloading cannons have slower velocity the Blackpowder pistol rounds.

Mortar balls drop down on the ground, sometimes burying out sight, other times bouncing and rolling down range towards the backstop, stopping on the surface. This is good because mortar balls are zinc and can be picked up and shot again.

4. Cold Smoke

Cold Smoke Marksman

Rating
    100%
    What kind of distance are you wanting to shoot?

I used to skirmish a little with a ‘War of Northern Aggression’ reenactment outfit years ago. My wife put the kaibosh on my aspirations for a 22 pound rifled bronze Napolean. But what she don’t know....

Drop me a pm. We might be able to find a spot at the ranch to air out those smoke wagons.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    O4L and dlbleak like this.
  5. dlbleak

dlbleak Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I was about to suggest you contact okie shooters club north of Luther but the above suggestion sounds like a solid lead.