Looking for feedback on Tenergy Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's for a new prep purchase, I would stick with common sizes. If it's for a prep toy or something you already own, the Amazon stuff has treated me well. It's made like any of the good major brands, not that super light stuff you get with store items that only run for a week or so.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's for my new Streamlight TLR4. The CR2 batts are kinda pricey compared to CR123s for my other lights. It's probably because of the sales volume, but this Tenergy is the only one that is on Amazon Prime at a price remotely close to top tier 123s. These CR2s are as high as $5 apiece and even more while I can get Surefire or Panasonic 123s for under $2. :bigeye:

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks but that is a nice looking light. Been wanting to get a good light for my bedside pistol. Try slickdeals or maybe see if there is a rechargable option that would get a few on stand by to swap out.

MisterGrubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You wanted opinions, so here goes.

Unless you use the HELL out of your TLR, which I don't see why you would on a carry pistol, just spend a few extra bucks and get nicer batteries.

When I first came on the 123 scene, I bought 48 of the Tenergy batteries. 48 of these batteries last me about the same amount of time as 24 Surefires. They simply did not hold up to the test as far as longevity went for me. I've had several friends with the same results.

25 minutes would kill a pair of tenergys completely on a TLR-1S HL

Latest posts

Top Bottom